Which update if any ??

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
Hi guys,
Are there any updates for the DS-2CD2342WD-I full Uk version, currently i am running V5.3.3 build 150826

It used to be pretty simple to find the right FW on Hik Europe site but since the last change they made it has become less clear which is for what, i am interested in the email update if it is available for this cam

My NVR is the DS-7604NI-E1 4P/A Full Uk are there any updates further than V3.4.62 build 160503, again for the email addition

Kroegtijgertje

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can update the cam to firmware V5.4.0, that's the latest firmware for it.
But after updating you can't go back to older firmware. (not to worry though, 5.4.0 is working like a charm!)

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can update the cam to firmware V5.4.0, that's the latest firmware for it.
But after updating you can't go back to older firmware. (not to worry though, 5.4.0 is working like a charm!)
If you have an NVR then you can wait for an NVR update to fix the e-mail alerts on that. Otherwise you've got to log in to each camera.

Kieran

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you have an NVR then you can wait for an NVR update to fix the e-mail alerts on that. Otherwise you've got to log in to each camera.
Whilst there isn't currently a firmware update that resolves the issue with NVRs and Gmail, there is a workaround that currently works. I made a brief thread about it over on our forums which goes into greater detail than the below.

Essentially, you'll need to enable 2-step authentication on the Google account you wish to have the NVR send emails from, and afterwards you'd need to also create a unique App Password within your Google account which you'll assign to your NVR.

Afterwards, you'd enter this App Password within the Authentication fields in the NVRs email configuration options, as opposed to your Gmail accounts standard password.

I've tested this with a DS-7716NI-I4-16P running v3.4.62 and was able to receive test and event emails, including attachments. Bit of a workaround, but hopefully a firmware fix is coming soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
Thanks guys, as the Camera update appears to only add the email update i think i will leave that for now, my cam does not directly email me only the nvr does

I did have the email issues recently that everyone else was suffering with but for whatever reason they have started to work again all be it using a non free email address, i am getting notifications and pictures from intrusion and line crossing which are the only ones i really need, the rest is just record on movement with no notifications or images set up and i am happy with that

I guess really as the camera update does not affect my needs but the NVR update will, i will wait for the NVR update