Why alert is canceled ?

Chura

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm trying to understand why my alerts are being cancelled while objects are found as far as I understand.
Config:
1690697947911.png

Image:
1690698036358.png

Why AI canceled? car is there.

Also, Can I improve accuracy somehow? I swear it's not a toilet or clock (Accuracy was higher (88), just wanted to catch the car and in this frame its less)

EDIT: Now that I look at this again, maybe the "Mark is vehicle" is not as I taught it is. It's not in the documentation, but I think it's only for ALPR, and I should expand all vehicle options in the confirm. Trying now

Last edited:

Chura

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My idea did not work, still cancelled alerts.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Clear Cat, Dog out of cancel, leave it blank. My guess is a cat or dog came through the picture.

You seem to have a different version to me as there is no detect and ignore static objects just detect in yours. You have configure next to it though. I'd go into this and configure it to ignore static objects unless there's something static you want to protect. Analysing parts of the wall and drain covers seems to waste resources when they're of no consequence. If you need to protect your car, then provided you have person enabled, a person will trip the recording whilst breaking into your car. Note I have quite a long period of recording after the last trip to ensure I don't miss anything such as anyone getting into my car. In any event, I also run BVR.

These are my settings - I don't bother with faces because unless you know who someone is, or have a database of offenders such as a store, really serves no purposes. The faces are in the clips. You're only loading cpu / gpu more:

Trigger Settings.jpg

EDIT: I no longer use "Use Mainstream if possible" ie it's unticked not ticked as shown. No benefit

Last edited:

Chura

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Removed Dog/Cat, still going to canceled.
1690708417672.png
1690708459995.png

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Not sure then.

There are some bugs in these changes though. I just reported 2.

Since re-entering my settings shown above, I now have the configure option despite not updating! If I click on this and then add a rule, (in my case to ignore static objects", the moment I click the "+" to add a rule, it crashes the UI.

I updated to the very latest version because of this as there are Static object improvements, and had the same result, crashed UI. Now reported.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you checked your motion settings? Just looking at the above it says "Motion A Alerts.front nothing found", not cancelled.

Maybe the error is in the motion settings not AI. Personally I use Trip wires as they're known to be more reliable.

Remember Motion alerts are both in the camera and BI, you only want 1 active. Again I recommend turning motion off in both camera and BI and going to trip although if you want motion on, I did find BI motion reliable.

Chura

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mine say it will be built in 5.7.8 (I'm on 5.7.x)
I actually testing new version on test camera. before I renew subscription, I compare BI and Frigate.

Have you checked your motion settings? Just looking at the above it says "Motion A Alerts.front nothing found", not cancelled.

Maybe the error is in the motion settings not AI. Personally I use Trip wires as they're known to be more reliable.
In the log I see canclled by AI.
I've now added 2 real-time images like your configuration shows, seems like its fixing it somehow. Need more movements to validate.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm trying to understand why my alerts are being cancelled while objects are found as far as I understand.
Config:
View attachment 168881

Image:
View attachment 168882

Why AI canceled? car is there.

Also, Can I improve accuracy somehow? I swear it's not a toilet or clock (Accuracy was higher (88), just wanted to catch the car and in this frame its less)

EDIT: Now that I look at this again, maybe the "Mark is vehicle" is not as I taught it is. It's not in the documentation, but I think it's only for ALPR, and I should expand all vehicle options in the confirm. Trying now
The issue is the default object model does not have vehicle. You need to use car,truck,bus,person. Also there should be no space after each comma.
If you are only concerned on detecting vehicle,person you can use the ipcam-general custom model.

1690721096758.png

Chura

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The issue is the default object model does not have vehicle. You need to use car,truck,bus,person. Also there should be no space after each comma.
If you are only concerned on detecting vehicle,person you can use the ipcam-general custom model.

View attachment 168893
Thanks. Intersting. I taught the model is coming from CodeProject only.
This is what I have now:

1690729437774.png

Giving this a shot. Thanks

Chura

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Its working pretty nice, but not always.
I've started using CORAL now btw
For example, can I tell AI somehow that this is not a airplane ?

1691069419398.png

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Chura It looks like you are still using default models given that "airplane" was found.

In "Custom models", specify this: ipcam-general,objects:0

"objects:0" tells BI5 not to use default models.

Chura

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My bad Sorry for that.
I didn't know the models are not globally shared and per module.

Coral has only this
1691074789735.png