Why am I using double channels per camera?

catgut66

n3wb
Reaction score
Can someone please help me with my setup? I am running a 5216-4ks2 NVR with 5231 starlights for cameras. The below setup is actually only 2 cameras but for some reason they are showing up on two different ports and using 2 channels each. I have poured through the config settings but cannot figure this out.

upload_2017-1-14_22-13-19.jpeg

catgut66

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you very much Nayr. I have learned more from you these past few months than you know. Is it normal for the cameras to install on double ports like that?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
not on mine but I add them manually and use external PoE

catgut66

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you happen to have any other suggestions? I delete them but they re-add themselves back in. I try to change the channels they are on but that doesnt work either. I have the cameras physically plugged in to ports 1 and 2.

catgut66

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you think this problem would have anything to do with my NVR being plugged into my Nighthawk Router which is bridged off of my FIOS router? Is this some sort of double nat issue or something like that?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
delete all of em, unplug em and re-add them back one at a time by hand..

catgut66

n3wb
Reaction score
When you say by hand do you mean I should do the manual add in pss or remote directly in to the nvr and do a manual add there? Or are you talking about something different?

catgut66

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, I got it working. If anyone else has this problem what I had to do was delete both cameras and power cycle the NVR. Then they reattached themselves properly.

Thanks again for the help.