Why are Model Numbers Different between Dahua’s Website and Amazon

PLW

n3wb
Reaction score
Andy

I am interested in purchasing the Dahua IPC-HDW5442TM-AS 3.8mm and the IPC-HDW5442TM-AS-LED 3.8 mm that are original English version and upgradeable. Amazon shows you (Loryta) selling the IPC-T5442TM-AS 3.6mm and IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED 3.6mm cameras. Why the difference in model numbers?

It appears Dahua, used lower quality CMOS chips (Not STARVIS) in the 2020 models, do you have any news regarding what to expect in 2021? Basically, I am wondering if it’s better to wait for the new 2021 models?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Diff model numbers same camera. Andy (Empire Tech) has to use diff numbers for Amazon.

I wouldn’t get too wrapped up in whether it says Starvis or not. The 5442 series is far better than the 5231 series that says Starvis. There’s been no degradation. It’s simply marketing agreement stuff on using product names.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
We do OEM at dahua and sell on amazon, so all warranty or support will be by us. Hardware and software are totally the same, just model No. different. We are working with Dahua North American team now, so all cams on amazon are the best for US,Canada.