Why can I not access 2nd camera remotely?

AlpineWatch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Been slowly adding to my camera collection. Have a Lorex HD over analog system but since added a Hik IP camera and just added a 2nd.
Problem is I cannot access the 2nd camera remotely from my IVMS-4500 app on my iphone unless I'm at home and on the same network.

For camera 1 in IVMS-4500 I have it setup as:
- IP/Domain mode
- Address is my DDNS name
- port 8002
- username and password is correctly entered.

On my router in the house I have incoming traffic on port 8002 forwarded to the IP address of camera 1, port 8000

Camera 1 works great, over cell service or if I am using Wifi in the house.

For camera 2 I have it setup as:
- IP/Domain mode
- Address is my DDNS name
- port 8003
- username and password is correctly entered.

On my router in the house I have incoming traffic on port 8003 forwarded to the IP address of camera 2, port 8000

This doesn't work at all, only over Wifi when I'm at my house.

I've tried setting the server port on camera 2 to 8003, and set the router to forward to the camera IP address, port 8003, but that didn't work either.

Anyone know why I can't get this to work?

jimasek

n3wb
Reaction score
Problem is I cannot access the 2nd camera remotely from my IVMS-4500 app on my iphone unless I'm at home and on the same network.
I think that your problem is in your home router. Router doesn't have a good support for loopback connection. Can you try connection by Clouds&P2P (http://www.ezvizlife.com).

AlpineWatch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Found my problem. My cameras are set up with a static IP address and I screwed up the default gateway address. Fixed it to match the router and now I can reach my camera from outside my network too.