Why can't drivers with good driving etiquette report drivers with bad driving etiquette to the appropriate authorities?

Reaction score
Lately, I've been witnessing drivers cutting off other drivers on the freeway and there have been very close encounters. Its disgusting and nerve-racking. The fact that there is very little traffic law enforcement, its too bad these incompetent drivers are not reported to law enforcement; it should be as simple as uploading videos to a centralized database.

This YouTuber compiles and posts on YouTube,

Sad that nothing really gets done unless a significant accident takes place and the media goes all over the place with the narrative.

In this day and age law enforcement still needs to hide out in the bushes. Why can't we just have multi-radar system placed throughout the US highway system?

edit, here's more

Reaction score
Imagine a driver that has to apply his/her brake but then all of a sudden realizes through their rear rearview mirror, a speeding driver come up from behind. Its a bad recipe.

Smilingreen

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't know what state you reside in , but in my state, you can get a ticket for impeding the flow of traffic. That means, if the highway is posted 70MPH, you are cruising 70MPH in the hammer lane and won't move over into the right lane to let cars get past you, you are guilty of impeding the flow of traffic. New studies are proving that experienced drivers can safely operate vehicles at higher speeds than what the posted MPH limit is. If they have to go around a vehicle in the right hand lane and then get back into the left hand lane after they pass the lane hog, that increases the chance of accidents.

What ever you do, don't impede the flow of traffic in the left hand lane and then brake check the vehicle behind you when they blink their headlights at you, which all they are doing is asking nicely for you to move over into the right hand lane so they can pass. Especially when that vehicle behind you is a unmarked state trooper. They will color illuminate the whole back end of your vehicle with brightly colored dance floor lighting, issue you a personalized invitation to the judiciary ball where they will nicely ask for a monetary donation to the state that employs them.

iwanttosee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
China had a program where they would reward drivers to send in footage of other drivers doing bad things.
They found out real quick people would use two cars working together and one car records and the other car forces the innocent to "bad" things.

Reaction score
OP is that you in that car? you are way to tense, try doing what I do while I am driving my almost 10 pound lifted excursion, when people drive like butt heads I just slip in a cool movie, fix myself a refreshing adult drink and watch the movie and chill. just don't watch war movies or thrillers if you jerk the wheel when someone starts shooting other drivers get really scared

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, that wouldn't end well with all the Karens already turning in folks for birdwatching.

The police are having the same personnel crisis as everyone else, in a lot of locals, they simply don't have the manpower.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
The problem is once you head donw this road, you find drivers who report people for every little genuine mistake and everyone makes mistakes.....

We have this in the UK now with some police forces accepting dashcam footage. Whereas sometimes it might be justified, the problem is some people will now report anyone for anything. You might say it imporves driver behaviour but as Imentioned above, everyopne makes mistake which means the time you do it eg cut someone up by accident (maybe you didn't see them) etc, you can end up prosecuted as video only tells 1/2 the atory. Thin end of the wedge.

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
speaking of Excursions. last night, an Excursion t-boned a Prius at a rural T intersection not far from here, killed the driver of the Prius instantly. nothing like 9000 lbs smacking into the side of 3500 lbs to ruin someone's day. it was at about 6pm, so hours before sunset, who knows, only way I can figure it happened was, the Prius pulled out of the stop sign on the side road to make a left onto the through road, right into the path of the Excursion. As the owner of a F250 diesel, I know those big things don't turn too quick and require some immediate and strong application of the brakes to slow down from highway speeds.