Why do Amazon delivery drivers lie?

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
I asked one of our drivers why I needed to sign if it was handed to me, but not if left on the porch. He said it's because too many drivers were marking them as "Handed to a Resident" when they actually weren't, so it's a way for them to be accountable.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
At least the Amazon driver actually delivered something to your doorstep, quite a few times I got a message" Your package was delivered." And there was nothing. I check the camera and there was no attempted delivery of package at the time it said was delivered. It happen the most with FedEx. I think the driver probably drop off the package at the wrong house when that happen.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
In my neighborhood we have several houses with the same house number but on different streets. It isn't uncommon to see a post on the neighborhood Facebook page from someone asking for their package or posting they have a package.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

elvisimprsntr

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
In my neighborhood we have several houses with the same house number but on different streets.
Same problem. It's either packages or food that gets delivered to the wrong house between myself and my neighbor the next street over.

Before I point them to my neighbors house, I always ask what the food order is and if it is pre-paid. :D

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Same problem. It's either packages or food that gets delivered to the wrong house between myself and my neighbor the next street over.

Before I point them to my neighbors house, I always ask what the food order is and if it is pre-paid. :D
By any chance do you also have an abundance of mismatched socks and food storage containers with missing lids? :wtf:

Reaction score
You thinking as a possible assist to a porch pirate partner?
Did they NOT get taken?
There was absolutely no reason to place them like that in full view of the street. Every other driver just drops them large-flat side down, close to the door or off to the side, not standing up with the box writing facing the street. I was home at the time and got them off the porch in less than five minutes. So they were not pilfered.

pr1970

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Only Amazon or DPD seem to do this, drives me nuts. A few years back Amazon left some parcels, even though my instructions are to a neighbour or in a safe place (bin shed) but they just leave them on the doorstep. This caught the eye of a burglar who took it as nobody being home and jumped our fence. Luckily my cameras picked him up and I called the police.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Only Amazon or DPD seem to do this, drives me nuts. A few years back Amazon left some parcels, even though my instructions are to a neighbour or in a safe place (bin shed) but they just leave them on the doorstep. This caught the eye of a burglar who took it as nobody being home and jumped our fence. Luckily my cameras picked him up and I called the police.
I had done all I could to get them to "leave it in a safe space" at my previous employer. We would have the front door locked because we weren't a retail business, but our Shipping/Receiving door was literally 15' to the right. They would leave packages outside in the rain because the front door was locked. My "safe place" was listed as the Shipping/Receiving door...

pr1970

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hopefully before long with robotics and ai development we will have this chap delivering our mail to a safe place.
1712926836856.png

rmalbers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've only had one delivery to the house next door and no problems otherwise. I have had the 'handed to' happen a couple of times, I just figured they hit the wrong button in the app as they were running back to their van.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Given the time we all live in where almost anyone can purchase a video camera system that spans good enough to military grade.

I’m always surprised to see couriers who think their actions will go unnoticed or not recorded?!? ‍♂

Like many here I’ve personally experienced couriers that lie about delivering a package, handing a package directly to the me, to just throwing the parcel the last two feet?!?!

You walk that messily 25 feet and can’t make the last two feet??

Would it kill you to follow the instructions clearly indicated by a sign, message, to ring the Fucken doorbell?!?

A number of years ago I built a lock box with a digital combo lock. Given the rash of porch pirates (never experienced this) but wanted to avoid the same anyways.

Thought this would be a great way to have a parcel securely received and protected until I could retrieve the same!

As you guessed it - these Fucken morons can’t even finish the last two steps, ring the door bell.

How could you ever expect an imbecile to press six digits, and open a lid??? ‍♂

All I do now is send a photo / video link to all the vendors shaming the hell out of these lazy and incompetent assholes!

Anyone who is totally off the rails gets published to a few big YouTube accounts to shame them forever!

NOTE: The vast majority of the couriers are top shelf and do their job.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Amazon sucks, lets face it, they placed 4 odd-sized packages in the front today, never followed my instructions, submitted feedback to Amazon, not even sure if the feedback ever reached the drivers. :(