Why Flash Hikvision Firmware Over My LaView Equipment

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I could not get their firmware to flash on the Laview cameras.
Hikvision has 2 versions of all their firmwares. A “Hikvision branded” version, and a “generic” version for the generic market. The generic version is stripped of the “Hikvision” branding, connects to a different platform access (Guarding Vision) and sometimes has a few features missing. When the hardware is produced, it gets tagged as “Hikvision” or “generic”, and will only accept the corresponding firmware. So if your going to Hikvision website and downloading firmware, it probably won’t work. The fact that the device is sold under a different brand, suggests that it’s a generic device. I would suggest locating a “generic” version of the firmware that you want. The hard part will be determining what the equivalent model is. You may have some luck opening the device and looking for some part numbers on the circuit board. I was able to successfully install Hik firmware on a NVR sold under the Trendnet brand by cross referencing the Hik part number on the board inside

m_r_nadh

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for confirming. How are you liking Hikvision firmware over stock firmware? Any significant feature improvements?