Why is my Hikvision app showing substream on Liveview?

LaZona

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In the Live view in the Hikvision app, two of my cameras always switch to the low res sub-stream during the day time. At night it goes back to the main stream. The cameras are HikVision DS-2CD2042WD-I.

All my other lower res 2MP LaView branded cameras stay in main stream 24/7.

This problem only occurs within the app. How can I fix this? Thanks.

LaZona

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
By the way, this problem only occurs in the Hikvision APP iVMS-4200.

When I use Live view directly from the NVR, everything is fine, always main stream.

hikvision

n3wb
Reaction score
There is an option on the iVMS4200 & keep in mind that if you are using a network during working hours (network traffic jam), the application may switch to substream due to the bad bandwidth, good luck

please check the image attachedHikvision.jpg

LaZona

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks. When I unchecked the "auto-change stream type" the two cameras were no viewable anymore. I had to change the stream type back to the low res "sub-stream" to see them again in the Live stream screen.

Maybe my computer is not capable enough to handle all 7 cameras in full resolution in Live view? I have 4x cameras at 2mp (LaView branded HIkvision). 1x Reolink at 4mp. And 2x Hikvision at 4mp (DS-2CD2042WD-I).

(When I lower the main stream resolution of the Hikvisions to 2mp, their main streams shows up in Live view.)

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i have had this issue a few times... my best guess is that at boot up, the NVR doesnt get the information that the main stream exists from that camera. rebooting the NVR should fix it. i have had to reboot the NVR a few times in a row to get it corrected

LaZona

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i have had this issue a few times... my best guess is that at boot up, the NVR doesnt get the information that the main stream exists from that camera. rebooting the NVR should fix it. i have had to reboot the NVR a few times in a row to get it corrected
Thanks! It works correctly now :)