Why is this happening? Corrupt video

pburgh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can't seem to use any version of BI beyond 5.2.5.3 without this happening to a few of my feeds. I've tried re-inspecting the video and it's good for a bit, but then the video gets all pixelated/pink like the attached image.

Thank you

Attachments

pburgh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Update - I noticed the FPS drops to around 7 (from 15) on the cameras that are showing this scrambled pink video.

pburgh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The live feed is pixelated pink as well.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
When you log into to the camera and look at its live view from within its GUI do you see the same thing?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
He listed the cam. What we need to know is if the issue is confined to BI or also on the camera live view in its own GUI as well.

pburgh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay. I installed SmartPSS and will test direct access of the feed. I recently restarted one that was having the issue so I don't currently have one to test.

Also, I've seen this same issue when running a slightly less-ancient camera like a IPC-HFW4431R-Z.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Something also worth checking are your video drivers. I had small breakups in recorded clips and that was due to Windows once again secretly updating my video drivers even though I’ve got a local policy to disable driver updates.

pburgh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So far so good with turning off Hardware Acceleration. I will also check my video drivers.

Thank you!!

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
So far so good with turning off Hardware Acceleration. I will also check my video drivers.

Thank you!!
If you were using Intel...try the Intel Beta. This fixed my issue on a particular cam of mine. I also updated my drivers first, but no luck with that.

pburgh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Headless yes. I’ll see if the intel beta works and then try an emulator if need be. Didn’t even know those existed! Thanks :)