Why live there?!?

Reaction score
Imagine building your new home in a small little development, and then you learn that the entire thing was built on top of an old Gypsum mine-- and the mine is collapsing. The Developer built there, the County approved it. This is a bad deal all the way around.... 15 homes are unusable.

Last edited:

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Imagine building your new home in a small little development, and then you learn that the entire thing was built on top of an old Gypsum mine-- and the mine is collapsing. The Developer built there, the County approved it. This is a bad deal all the way around.... 15 homes are unusable.

Yup, just brutal!

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
Pitcher Oklahoma, Centralia Pa., Love Canal. If he moves to AZ, maybe he can move to Humboldt Az.
home of Ironite. When I lived in Prescott, that place was on the Superfund List and they sell that stuff to us
chocked full of lead, Arsenic all kinds of goodies.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
PTZ W/ auto tracking. That way I would not have to get up and watch every plane.

Hours of setting at the end of the runways as an Air Force Brat. These jets have nothing on a B-36.
Was that 3 a turning, 2 a burning and 1 fell off?

Keyboard

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
PTZ W/ auto tracking. That way I would not have to get up and watch every plane.

Hours of setting at the end of the runways as an Air Force Brat. These jets have nothing on a B-36.
Was that 3 a turning, 2 a burning and 1 fell off?
I lived through 3 years of my youth on an Air Force base flying B-52 planes. The noise was deafening.
A commercial airport is like hearing birds flying compared to those bombers.

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I live not far from Joint Base MDL. We always know when something is happening by the amount of "heavies" going by. Not lot of noise, they're probably around one to two thousand feet by the time they get here, but enough to let you know our guys are out there doing what they do best.

Last edited:

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
They do not tell the pilot's name but a lot of data.
I do not know if you are aware, here is one I like to use.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
Just remembered I think I watched a high altitude drone the other night w/ "sky cam".
Satellites do not move that slow. But, when it turned and changed course, I startted looking real hard.