Why no image on some cameras when using Chrome?

allypally

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I generally use Chrome as my viewing and playback tool. When opening the NVR address I can view and see playback footage for all my 5 cameras. However when I login in to each camera, all except my most recent one, I cannot get images and receive the message that I need to install the plugin. My most recent camera is unaffected so I can see imagery. Can anyone assist with an explanation of why the NVR and one camera can show imagery but not the other four?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Some cameras the plugin is for Explorer and will not work in other browsers.

allypally

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I mainly use Chrome, and this has been functioning normally as far as I could see. I also use Edge, but in IE emulation mode. The thing is that these browsers work fine with the Hikvision NVR, which incidentally is new and runs the latest firmware, and works with one of the 5 hikvision cameras. However, I am unable to get imagery with the other 4 hikvision cameras.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
What I've done also is on the console view, I open Edge or Chrome and resize it a little. then I have the console on that camera, and I can see how the changes i make look in the BI windows without seeing the Edge Image in the settings of the cam.

allypally

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Get IE Tab for Chrome. You can use Active X with it.
I have the IE Tab for chrome. Like I said, The NVR and 1 camera are able to be viewed fine. However, for some reason the other 4 cams are not able to open imagery.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And like we have said, try Internet Explorer. Some cams are just overly sensitive to browser.

enderdogan

n3wb
Reaction score
I faced similar problem. I solved the problem by deleting and reinstalling the hikvision plugins on my computer. By the way, as other members have said, some old cameras only work with ie. Use the add-on and application you want, you will not get a solution. I want to switch to edge right now, but I had serious problems with edge. I can't get images from cameras released after 2021 with IE Tab, but products produced before 2021 don't support edge. Information is floating around about Explorer that it will shut down, I don't know what to do.

*I do all my transactions through the IVMS4200 application in crisis situations. In the absence of a computer, I try to use HIK-pro.