Why no trigger event for this blatant motion?

Reaction score
bleh. 5231's GUI camera webpage in bonkered. I'll just have to put the SD cards from my 5231's into the 5442's. But for the record...I have had this user error tripwire/instrusion setup for the last 6 months :) ewwww!

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Your gonna hate me, I dont have any set, on my 5442, but im getting 100% of the cars and all the walking from the cars to the building.... after a long sit...5442 can be tricked for a few seconds but retriggers and picks them up eventually. just using the out of the box defaults on detection, and upped the Pretrigger video buffer to 9 seconds cuz some people speed thru the camera zone. and 0.5 sec make time. with 100% quality jpgs every 0.3 tenths.

Reaction score
Your gonna hate me, I dont have any set, on my 5442, but im getting 100% of the cars and all the walking from the cars to the building.... after a long sit...5442 can be tricked for a few seconds but retriggers and picks them up eventually.
just with motion detection via Blue Iris? Or using camera IVS?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your gonna hate me, I dont have any set, on my 5442, but im getting 100% of the cars and all the walking from the cars to the building.... after a long sit...5442 can be tricked for a few seconds but retriggers and picks them up eventually.
But you then either have Motion Detection on or Smart Motion Detection on...

Purpose of IVS is to not trigger for stuff off in the distance we are not concerned about.

I would suspect probably a few false triggers as well?

Reaction score
due to tire slashing event...I had to use something that relied on AI to detect humans 24hours a day (even at 3am) to buzz me awake. I would get no sleep if it triggered on cars :)

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
I wonder if it doesn't have to do with the fact that both kids are wearing grey sweatpants that blend in very well with the street. Their shirts/faces are not in the original tripzones.

Any thoughts?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
An $8 sd card is worth it's weight in gold in using it for testing IVS settings and other duties. Every cam should have one, IMHO.
bleh. 5231's GUI camera webpage in bonkered. I'll just have to put the SD cards from my 5231's into the 5442's. But for the record...I have had this user error tripwire/instrusion setup for the last 6 months :) ewwww!
Use IE, and install the plugin, it will work.
Your pic has to much contrast.

Reaction score
An $8 sd card is worth it's weight in gold in using it for testing IVS settings and other duties. Every cam should have one, IMHO.

Use IE, and install the plugin, it will work.
Your pic has to much contrast.
I admit during the time of the crisis daytime is basically set for auto and I concentrated on the nighttime images a lot more

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Curious about the SD cards role? Does it let you rerun video thru the tripwires or other methods?
Yes, in addition to being redundant storage in the event BI crashes or the computer poops out, you can playback with the IVS rules on and see what and how the trigger worked.

It is really beneficial for autotracking PTZs to figure out why it quit tracking.

Reaction score
Got birdhouse and SD4 ptz set with new vertical tripwires and intrusion boxes. The dang 5442 still triggers on cats & dogs. I hope that SD3.0 comes out soon. I have to upgrade the ptz firmware that is, I believe, available cause it sets off alerts on motion triggers when I don't have motion checked, only IVS.
Gots invigorated to get flattening my Roubo workbench table top with hand planes last night. 4 hours but result is good. Now for the 2nd flat top.
I have a combo of things that need to get done at same time. Camera security and workbench so I have room in my garage.
IMG_20210428_114151.jpg