Why not see Human Detection (SMD) menu?

dany

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
(If I put wrong this topic, please Moderator to replace it).

Hi to all.
I need to solve fast, because time counting for return camera back.

I bought Dahua IPC-HFW1430DT-STW.

The problem is HUMAN DETECTION, Smart Motion Detection (HD/SMD).

That cameras some present as "Human detection" or SMART on their pages, also on the box from outside, and videos too: VIDEO

My seller on Aliexpress seller wrote 3 times "Human detection" on his page, even on the box.

But on original Dahua page they don't mention anywhere "Human detection" or SMD. Do you see it?

Different menus:
How I know that I don't have it, you can look at my menu and their menu. In menu -> Event, between Video Detection and Audio Detection must be "Smart Motion Detection", which window I don't see.

Do I talk with seller?
Yes, I did. The seller very surprised that I don't see that menu.

After we tried upgrade, he told:
The camera has no human detection function, the wrong packaging, misleading everyone.
We did not find a description of human detection on the parameters, and there is no mention of this feature in our product.
Wrong packaging, sorry.
After that, I told him that is wrong and that he described 4 times HD on his page and box. Then he admitted situation and apologies to me.

What I tried?
-tried to upgrade all 4 versions of firmware which available on Dahua.
-tried to Factory reset
-tried 6 different Browsers on PC Win10, some of them on Android (tablet and phone).

So, what is true there? Why exist videos with that menu, but no words of that on Dahua page? Why is clearly wrote HD and SMD on the all boxes with that camera?

Is there some fix for that or I return camera?
Screenshot_20240815_133054_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240816_200055_YouTube.jpg
InFrame_1723893101194.jpg
Screenshot_20240815_105451_Video Player.jpg

Last edited:

dany

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Cheap camera without any AI...
return to the seller...
If is without AI why produce a boxes where it's says that it is? They can't do that. They can't cheating in that way.

It seems that AI exist on my camera and I don't know to run it!

The others have that menu.

If I return, which bullet camera with wifi and AI to buy, but not too expensive? Not see too much buying options further.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
SMD is a joke and nobody here uses it. It still produces way too many false triggers.

IVS with human detection is far better.

Did you try Internet Explorer? That is the go to browser for these cameras. Not Edge with the IE tab, but plain ole Internet Explorer that is still available in Windows. If it doesn't show there, it doesn't have it.

Buying from AliExpress is a crap shoot. Sometimes you get the real deal, while other times you get a knock-off that looks real. That appears to be the case.

Return it and buy a real one from a known reputable dealer.

Reaction score
If is without AI why produce a boxes where it's says that it is? They can't do that. They can't cheating in that way.

It seems that AI exist on my camera and I don't know to run it!

The others have that menu.

If I return, which bullet camera with wifi and AI to buy, but not too expensive? Not see too much buying options further.
What boxes? That around objects?
this is classic motion detection (MD) - without AI..
It will detect people, cars, trees, leaves, animals, everything which changes a scene a bit / generate any movement...

For human detection/filtering You need AI...
You cam is working on Hertz2 firmware - which don't support any AI..

If You buy something - especially some crap on Ali-express - first always check specification on manufacture site...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Dahua consumer cams (mostly copy from Imou Life subrand) don't have any IVS at all..
Only MD or SMD with human detection...
Yeah I was telling him to buy a real camera if he cares about human detection - one with IVS!

dany

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
wrong package...
newer models in this line have that function...

but your is from 2021 and don't have..
how can be wrong package if model on the box and model on camera (hardware) are same? And the box says that is Smart.

dany

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
All of you are in this topic suppprt Dahua, and you said that Dahua is not ok??

Which Bullet Dahua have WIFI and AI?
Not see any bellow 132€.

All of my life I buy trought Aliexpress, and that site is not crap. You can see feedback off every buyer.

dany

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you try Internet Explorer? That is the go to browser for these cameras. Not Edge with the IE tab, but plain ole Internet Explorer that is still available in Windows. If it doesn't show there, it doesn't have it.
Yes, I mostly looking with that "old" IE on win 10, because is the only one who works as he has to (playback show yellow recorded line bellow when click on date).

Reaction score
Dahua do professional POE cameras, not consumer WIFI ones..

that You can find (1xxx WIFI line plus some strange named models) are simply rebrands from Imou Life (Imou Life).
they are produced by Dahua (for Imou Life) and they are using Dahua Technology, but they are not typical Dahua cams..

Here You have list of WIFI models:

newer models, which have strange model numbers (without classic Dahua 4 digit model id - like 1300) have in specification AI human detection.
but no one here will give you any guaranty that this works - we don't use those cams..

I known that even some WIFI models are lacking web service (Dahua web panel) and can be only managed by DMSS..

dany

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Dahua do professional POE cameras, not consumer WIFI ones..
that You can find (1xxx WIFI line plus some strange named models) are simply rebrands from Imou Life (Imou Life).
they are produced by Dahua (for Imou Life) and they are using Dahua Technology, but they are not typical Dahua cams..
Here You have list of WIFI models:

newer models, which have strange model numbers (without classic Dahua 4 digit model id - like 1300) have in specification AI human detection.
but no one here will give you any guaranty that this works - we don't use those cams..

I known that even some WIFI models are lacking web service (Dahua web panel) and can be only managed by DMSS..
Thanks for that informations. Didn't know that.
I have 1 dome and 3 bullet cams hfw1320SP-w. But one died. So I need replace it.

Have cheap wifi NVR too.

I searching for WIFI because it is simple to install. Don't know where to place all that wires at old house with no channels for cameras.

And thanks for wifi list.
I searching bullet shape, not dome.

I see this (saw them before) IV2/IV4 that have Human Detection?
The price are similar to 1430 camera.
How they are? Is that toy?

***F4C-LED

***IPC-HFW1439DQ-LED-SAW

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe it is a newer box with an older camera put in it or it is a fake box that looks real.

dany

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
F4C-PV/LED camera.
I see this time Human Detection is in Dahua descriptions.

Can you explain me this two versions and LED lights please? I am more familiar with IR. This is new to me.

F4C-LED
have 2x LED light only.
Day/Night: Color B/W

F4C-PV
have 2x IR light and 2x LED light
Day/Night: Auto(ICR)/Color B/W

Which is better? Do LED version must have all night LED light open too see? If yes that is so stupid. I don't want that camera glowing all night.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you don't have enough visible light then the white light needs to be on, otherwise the image is too dark and can't see anything.

Best to get a camera that has IR in the event you don't have enough light.