Wi-fi only works with ethernet connected on DS-2CD2142FWD-IWS

digitl

n3wb
Reaction score
I have spent hours on this and can't find a fix.

I am installing three Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD-IWS mini domes. One connects without fault over wi-fi to my laptop, desktop and Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P/A NVR, the other two will not connect unless they are also connected to the network through homeplugs.

As far as I can see, there's no difference in the way they are set up. DHCP is not checked on their interfaces and the router is set to apply the same IP address to their particular MAC addresses: 192.168.178.57 to the wired MAC address and 192.168.178.58 to the wi-fi MAC address on one, with similar arrangements on the other two cameras.

Anyone any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

Valiant

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
.....and the router is set to apply the same IP address to their particular MAC addresses: 192.168.178.57 to the wired MAC address and 192.168.178.58 to the wi-fi MAC address on one, with similar arrangements on the other two cameras.
Not sure what you mean by this. Have you set up reservations on the router? Why?, since dhcp is not enabled, there is no need for that.

Don't try and use the wireless and wired interfaces at the same time, you're asking for trouble.

Search the forum, there was a similar question posted relating to Hikvision wireless cameras about 6 weeks ago which may contain more info for you.