Wide FOV recommendation?

rawbar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Looking to fence mount a Dahua in the corner of my yard but the camera search Dahua offers doesn't have a selection for FOV.
Looking for 2.8mm (90 degree) to 4mm (70 degree) camera with Starlight. Preferably something that can be here by mid next week (though Andy is pretty quick with DHL so that could work too).
I prefer domes or turrets as they tend to blend into the background better.

Would like to keep it under $200.

Any recommendations?

Reaction score
The Dahua IPC-T5442TM-AS has 2.8, 3.6, and 6.0mm lenses. It is a 4MP cam on a 1/1.8" sensor. Great low light color performance. This is a turret. Has great IR performance also. It's about $170. You can get it from Andy, and maybe he has it on his Amazon shop. I always just send him an email.

Don't use a dome outdoors. Any moisture on the dome degrades the image and the UV light over time fogs the plastic.

Here is a test shot of that cam in 2.8mm.

PFD.20200706_191855.2517604.3.jpg

rawbar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation. Looks like Andy has it listed on Amazon here, but I'm not sure if there's an issue with buying something branded Loryta vs Dahua?

N/M, found the explanation of Loryta from Andy here:

These are still Dahua

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
It is the same cam. When Andy opened his Amazon store front he was selling the Dahua cams but they did not have the Dahua logo. So Amazon would not let him call them Dahua. So he set up his own brand and called it Loryta. That is why he uses the 'T' for turret and the 'B' for bullet instead of the Dahua designation. But they are the same cam.

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Good recommendation & pick! I have the 2.8mm (115° Horz, 60° Vert FOV) used for an overview of the front yard. Screen grabs from day & night...

Attachments

rawbar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What are you using to watermark the weather info?

rawbar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ah, google is my friend. BI Tools, by Mike from ipcamtalk!! I will be checking this out immediately :D

rawbar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Nice!! Not sure how I missed this after all these years using BI

2020-07-29_20-03-23.png