WiFi Camera, Nest form factor, with BI support?

DMo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Been browsing this forum for quite some time. I learned a lot thanks to the numerous threads. You all actuall steered me away (without knowing it) from a “junk” brand camera for my backyard and I’ll be ordering a Dahua setup (from Andy) once I do the wiring and stuff.

But I have a different question for inside the house. Currently we have a number of Nest cams setup throughout the house. These are mostly to keep an eye on the dogs, they’re not for security purposes. Just based on where the cameras need to be located, POE isn’t an option. Since I don’t need anything great, I’d like to find a WiFi camera that’s similar in size/shape to Nest (I know there are a ton of knockoffs) but that has RTSP or can be hacked to enable RTSP. We need continuous recording, but I’d rather use BI with everything (and not pay for cloud recording). I was going to get Yi cameras, but it looks like the most recent firmware that’s shipped can’t be hacked or downgraded. Is there anything else out there similar that will work with BI?

(Yes, I know WiFi cameras aren’t reliable. I know there are MUCH better options. This is what will work in our current setup and it’s just to keep an eye on the dogs. Thanks)

BillG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Look below your post title at the Annke 161dr.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Been browsing this forum for quite some time. I learned a lot thanks to the numerous threads. You all actuall steered me away (without knowing it) from a “junk” brand camera for my backyard and I’ll be ordering a Dahua setup (from Andy) once I do the wiring and stuff.

But I have a different question for inside the house. Currently we have a number of Nest cams setup throughout the house. These are mostly to keep an eye on the dogs, they’re not for security purposes. Just based on where the cameras need to be located, POE isn’t an option. Since I don’t need anything great, I’d like to find a WiFi camera that’s similar in size/shape to Nest (I know there are a ton of knockoffs) but that has RTSP or can be hacked to enable RTSP. We need continuous recording, but I’d rather use BI with everything (and not pay for cloud recording). I was going to get Yi cameras, but it looks like the most recent firmware that’s shipped can’t be hacked or downgraded. Is there anything else out there similar that will work with BI?

(Yes, I know WiFi cameras aren’t reliable. I know there are MUCH better options. This is what will work in our current setup and it’s just to keep an eye on the dogs. Thanks)
ANNKE I61DR 2MP (Hikvision Cube Clone)

DMo

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. I’ve been looking at that one. I was hoping there would be something in the small, round shape. I use things like outlet mounts now. Very easy to put in places without having cables and whatnot.

I’ll order one of these and see what I can do with it. Thanks for the suggestion.

DMo

n3wb
Reaction score
I just noticed there’s a Dahua consumer line. I’ll look at those cameras, but I doubt I can get the same bang for the buck as these guys.