Wifi cameras that do NOT require an app at any stage of deployment

Reaction score
Hi friends,

I have found myself with a project this holiday season. A large space is being set up for the community but, as with most community functions, requires some security cams. They'll need probably 10-15 2-4mp cams. There's absolutely no internet anywhere near the site, like within miles, nor cellular. This is common out here. There is also not really any possibility of running cable, so wired cameras are out.

Wifi cameras would be perfect - set up a local wireless LAN with a netgear or something, doesn't need internet, set up a machine with BI, and we've got a little temporary surveillance system!

Here's the problem - every single wifi camera I can find out there (I mean every single one!!) requires an app. Some like the Amcrest ASH43-W can be connected pretty easily to BI, i've done it here at home, but during setup it requires internet access and the "Amcrest Smart Home App". That's not an option for this deployment - there will be no internet at the site at any time. I was thinking maybe I could try staging the cameras at my house but they are being directly shipped to the site (whichever model is ultimately chosen - I have a couple weeks to choose).

I'm at my wits end and hoping the smart folks here can point me in the direction of a Wifi+AC power camera, that at no stage of the process (at any point!) requires an app or internet access to set up.

Thanks!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There are some Reolinks that are outdoor cams with Wi-Fi but they don't play nice with Blue Iris and in low light + motion they don't fare well at all, so this is NOT a direct recommendation. Maybe the RLC-510WA :idk:

That said, I do like my 2 new Reolink doorbell cameras though. :cool:

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a couple Amcrest IP2M-841B cams that I sometimes use wired and wireless with Blueiris and do not recall ever having an ap when initially setting them up.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a couple Amcrest IP2M-841B cams that I sometimes use wired and wireless with Blueiris and do not recall ever having an ap when initially setting them up.
Yes, I have 3 on Blue Iris wirelessly for 4 years now, indoors, working great, no app or Internet required...I assumed the OP wants outdoor cams...but you know what they say about it when you assume. :highfive:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Fantastic responses - really appreciate it guys - I'll take what I can get!!

I'd honestly forgotten all about Dahua, I wasn't allowed to install them (and like a dozen others) after the whole "entity list" thing, but heck, no internet connection = no security problem. Frankly I miss those old Dahua setups, those guys are workhorses.