WiFi cameras

akeane01

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been reading up on Wifi outdoor camera's and need to use one on my Blue Iris system with my other
POE cameras... Are there any recommendations of what manufacturers are reasonable quality and operation

thanks

Reaction score
Did you find anything? I'm looking for a wifi outdoor camera for Blue Iris also, and all I'm finding is lots of people asking for them and no one replying with any suggestions.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Any camera can be made into a wireless camera. WiFi is not designed for the constant load of a video stream. A surveillance camera demands far heavier loading than "streaming" a video from the internet because a video camera does not buffer like watching a streaming video. Use one of these with the camera of your choice -

Ubiquity Nano Station Loco M5

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
I just need something to use as a temporary and moveable camera to monitor the kids while they're outside. So I'm just looking for something cheap and simple.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Reaction score
I do prefer wired cameras, but I don't think wifi is that unreliable. We used a wireless Foscam camera for years and it worked well enough.

I think that Amcrest camera that you linked to is indoors, but I did find an outdoor one they have at that I'm considering getting.