wifi connected ip system with wired or wireless 1080p cameras of varying brands

Crosstalk

n3wb
Reaction score
Been doing a lot of reading, still have a lot to learn. I have 3 or 4 systems to install varying in complexity from this system to a larger more complex system later with about 14 cameras some high res.

Would this (link below) be useful (probably with a larger HDD connected externally) for running about 4-6 cameras some audio? Can a blue iris machine be connected by wifi to the router and what might be some problems encountered. I like that it is small and has wifi already in the machine.

Lenovo ThinkCentre M92p Tiny i5-3470T 2.9GHz 8GB 500GB Windows 10 Pro | eBay

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Crosstalk

n3wb
Reaction score
Anybody care to discuss this so I can learn? I found a thread explaining the problems with wifi after wording my search differently. Is the PC adequate for wired operation? Considering at least 3 installs, this PC (linked above) is only for this install but curious what it would handle? I'm trying to decide if I should go blue iris or mix NVRs and PCs?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Been doing a lot of reading, still have a lot to learn. I have 3 or 4 systems to install varying in complexity from this system to a larger more complex system later with about 14 cameras some high res.

Would this (link below) be useful (probably with a larger HDD connected externally) for running about 4-6 cameras some audio? Can a blue iris machine be connected by wifi to the router and what might be some problems encountered. I like that it is small and has wifi already in the machine.

Lenovo ThinkCentre M92p Tiny i5-3470T 2.9GHz 8GB 500GB Windows 10 Pro | eBay
The T version of that processor isn't powerful enough. If you want to run BI, stick to what has been proven to work. Such as a Dell Optiplex or HP Elitedesktop with an I5-6500 or better processor. As my dad beat into my head, do the job right or don't do it. Wifi will cause you all sorts of headaches.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.