Wifi Fill In

Reaction score
Hi all. I have been running Blue Iris for a year or so now and it has been working very well. I am running 3x Reolink 4MPs POE that work perfectly (I know some people don't like reolink, but they have been trouble free), 2x Laview/hikivision doorbell wifi cameras (not so good, but possibility an underpowered transformer) and one Nest wifi camera as a baby monitor with a hack for BI (surprising decent).

I am looking to add a couple of cameras to the backyard to be able to have additional angles so I can monitor the kids when they are playing and I would like to try wifi or poweline. While I know running cat would be better, it won't be easy (very finished basement, 30' high eaves, wrong side of the house, aesthetic requirements, etc.). I have an outdoor 120V GFI nearby. I can live with some occasional issues (if the screen blanks out, I can go outside) and even if a bad guy jams these, he will probably get caught by the wired ones. Ideally this would be an all in one unit that works directly with blue iris. Reolink claims that their outdoor wifi cameras won't work with blue iris (even if they stay plugged in?) . Many wifi options seem to be indoor only. So, I am looking for a decent quality, outdoor rated, plug in, camera that will work with wifi or powerline without extra equipment. Suggestions?

Note also, that I already do own a pair of ubiquity nanostations, but they will not be helpful here as there isn't any line of sight to any better place and I prefer not to have a large setup for aesthetic reasons. I have a ubiquity AC access point about 20 feet away on the inside of the house so expect the wifi signal to be pretty good. I generally have pretty good wifi coverage with 4 ubiquity access points in total for a 3200sf house all backhauled via cat6 through smart switches to an untangle firewall/router setup. My cameras are on their own Vlan.

I will separately probably add some more wired cameras to get some extra angles whenever I have another reason to drill through the sill, but they won't get me to this spot.

Thanks!