WIfi indoor cameras that doesn't suck?

Mike Li

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I used to have 3 indoor Nest cams with subscription that lets me review what my dogs destroyed while i'm away, now that I have Blueiris, I replaced the Nest with Hikvision , 2x 2CV2Q21FD and 1x 2CD2442FWD

they work well when they work, but i'm constantly having issues with the wifi connections, they never hold the connection long. while the Nest and all my other Wifi devices in the house never had a single issue.

I have Ubiquiti APs throughout the house and outside, my wifi is good.

All my other Wifi devices work fine in any corner of the house, and these 3 cameras are within eye sight to the APs, yet they keep dropping connections.

The 2CD2442FWD seems to work slightly better and has less dropouts but still not as solid as Nest

Any other Wifi cameras out there that are proven to work well?

I need at least built in Mic and night vision so I can hear what's going on. PTZ is not necessary.

Last edited:

Whoaru99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
FWIW, I've had two Amcrest 841 connected by WiFi for maybe a couple weeks now. Far as I know they have not dropped connection in that time.

That said, they are set up like the hardwire cams with static IPs on a dedicated camera LAN with a dedicated AP (old WRT54G running DD-WRT) just for those cameras.

They also have hardwire provision. At some point I'll probably change to that but wanted to see how the WiFi would work and for a quick setup without running cables in the moment.

I can't vouch for them long term but so far I've been satisfied with what I got for $60 (ea).

Last edited:

Mike Li

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
the 2CD2442FWD is what they call the cube cam i believe, it's good when it's working properly, image quality is superb and audio is good, way better than the 2CV2Q21FD.

i just don't understand why it won't stay connected, while everything else have zero issues. I even tried every single channel available and ruled out interference issue.

sometimes it goes for days without issues, then all of a sudden the frame rate drops and eventually BI reports "signal lost", then after a while it comes back, it's on and off. very random.

maybe Hikvision wifi cams don't play well with Ubiquiti APs.

I wish I had thought about indoor cams when I did the remodeling of my house, and made cat6 cable runs to every corner ... wifi sucks

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did they add a camera to the Roomba?

knedit

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
amcrest pro-HDs, i have two of them and they work fantastically. the power leads are very long and thin too so they can be mounted pretty easy.