WiFi jammers reportedly being used by South American criminal gangs in their burglaries

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
WiFi jammers reportedly being used by South American criminal gangs in their burglaries

From California to New Jersey

NJ police warn that burglars are using WiFi jammers to stop 9-1-1 calls before break-ins

1719517571556.png
1719517606491.png

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Typically the 30+ seconds my perimeter sensors would give me would be enough to wake, pull on shorts, grab SBR, before they crash the door.

Wayyyyyy back I used to be a volunteer fireman and paramedic. We had a little box beside the bed that would sound off 'tones" (called a plectron back in the day) if we got a call. I got used to laying out my jeans, slip on shoes, tshirt beside the bed, and even practiced. I could usually make it to the driveway before the first set of tones (60 seconds) stopped.
Its a pavlov's dog type response to this day

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
A lot of the jammers I have seen not only block Wifi, but Cell signal, and 800Mhz trunking systems that
public safety systems that the police and fire uses.

I remember the old 2 tone fire alert system.
The pager I had you could hear the signal really low all the time, and I got use to our tones
enough I would recognize them before the pager would alert.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Better see if your twisted pair copper from Ma Bell is still available. We ain't got nothing worth rippin off in this house...ffs. the biggest value might be the contents of the 6 ft. freezer. Or an Old Mr. Coffee? Perhaps a toaster.....