WiFi Won't Work Properly (FI8910W)

WalkeJ

n3wb
Reaction score
I have an EasyN FS-613A-M136 which appears to the a "clone" of the Foscam FI8910W.

The WiFi acts very strange.

I can not connect to the camera via the WiFi, but can connect when using the hardwire Ethernet interface. If I unplug the Ethernet cable, then the camera connects to my router via WiFi (see it in my router's logs), but I still can not connect to the camera via the WiFi IP. If I then plug the Ethernet cable back into the camera, then I can connect via the WiFi AND the Ethernet IP's (even though my router shows both the WiFi and Ethernet not connected)??? If I again unplug the Ethernet cable, I can not connect to the camera at all??

What am I doing wrong here??

WalkeJ

n3wb
Reaction score
putting it on wifi, leave it wired.
That limits where I can put it without running Ethernet Cable....

Sure was hoping that I was just doing something wrong here in the setup.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
how are you powering your camera? if you dont want to run an ethernet cable then look into power-line networking...

cameras are crap on WiFi and should be avoided at all costs

patchezza

n3wb
Reaction score
If you have put the wrong firmware update from Foscam, the wireless will not work. Try and find the correct firmware for the camera you are using and update it....This happened to me when i first bought my Cameras from Kogan and updated them. They are working fine now.