Wilife Command Center cameras

Wendysi

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I have been searching but can't find anything on this site about how people have set up Wilife cameras using Blue Iris. If that info is on the site can someone direct me to it?

In case there isn't anything and someone here knows what to do, here are my questions:

1. I presently have six cameras set up under the Wilife Command Center. These cameras use the electrical wiring in your home so there are no ip addresses. If I install Blue Iris on the same computer, will it be able to "see" these cameras?

2. I have the cameras on a dedicated laptop running Vista. The main reason I am looking into this is I am going to be getting rid of Verizon soon and they seem to be the only email provider that will allow unsecure smtp to go through and send me the alerts. The Wilife Command Center does not allow the ability to add in ports so all the places I have tried have been rejecting the alerts.

3. I have already gone to the Wilife forums but there isn't a lot of details. Since I already have six cameras, it isn't feasible to upgrade to newer cameras right now. Once I sell this house I will hopefully be able to incorporate these cameras into the Blue Iris software I have already set up at the new house. I didn't want to have to purchase another license if this wasn't going to work.

Thanks,

Wendy

rubb3rtoe

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Wendy,

I have a couple of Logitech 750e cameras running on BI but I'm using them through a POE switch. Perhaps that might be an option for you. When you use these cams on POE you get an IP address automatically assigned to it via DHCP from your router. From there you can add the camera in BI using its IP address. You'd have to ditch the Home Plug devices and run CAT5 cables though. POE is much better btw as far as reliability and image quality over Home Plug.

If you just wanted to test this setup you would only have to buy a POE switch and download the free copy of BI.

Personally I plan on getting rid of my Logitech cams and replacing them with HIKvision cams since the quality is way better.

RichM

n3wb
Reaction score
Not only am I now using a few Logitech 700E cameras via POE, but I also have one of my Hikvision DS-2CD2332-I cameras running through one of my old Logitech powerline adapters.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

plomaris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Wendy:
I have 4 Logitech Wilife cameras, 2 Logitech Alert cameras, and 3 Hikvision Cube Cameras all running fine with Blue Iris. You need to find the IP addresses for the Wilife cameras, though. Go into Command Center and click on Camera Information. Write down all the Cam IP Addresses. Then you can configure them in Blue Iris. See attached picture.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Tom

Attachments

rubb3rtoe

n3wb
Reaction score
I might be wrong but there arent any IP addresses when you use the Home Plug powerline adapters so she'd have to get a POE switch first. Then to get it IP addresses you just look in the Network section of Windows Explorer. Thats how I get my IP addresses for the Logitech Alert cams I have.

RichM

n3wb
Reaction score
I might be wrong but there arent any IP addresses when you use the Home Plug powerline adapters so she'd have to get a POE switch first. Then to get it IP addresses you just look in the Network section of Windows Explorer. Thats how I get my IP addresses for the Logitech Alert cams I have.
There will be an IP address for each device using the Home Plug.

You can go into your router configuration and assign a 'fixed' LAN address for each camera/MAC address so that it is doesn't change.IP_Setup.jpg

plomaris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm not using the Homeplug adapter now, but when I was, I recall there being IP addresses. They were just "weird" ones starting with 174 or something like that. I had them all working in Blue Iris before I made them hard wired using the Wilife power injector.

Also, I caution everyone that Wilife and Alert cameras are totally different. They use different Homeplug adapters. With Blue Iris, I'm using both kinds.

Wendysi

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone that has replied! After I had everything up and running again under a new laptop, I made the mistake of updating the Avast software and it seems like KB970158 was also secretly installed even though I had the option for no updates on the laptop. Between the two of them they stopped the ability of being able to sign in via Teamviewer and Wilife stopped sending alerts. After uninstalling both I was unable to get Wilife to send me alerts. I now believe KB970158 was downloaded to the previous laptop that had displayed the exact same results. After running diagnostics within Wilife I discovered the 172 ip addresses. Unfortunately I have a modem/router combo and I can't see how it handles these ip address which is really weird. So now I have uninstalled Wilife and am about to reinstall it and see if I can receive alerts again. If not I am going to try Blue Iris with these 172 ip addresses. I don't have the option to run wiring since I want to sell this house and it is a log home which also makes it hard so I am hoping this works.

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals I have 2 cams of the wilife LOGITECH variety which i can not get working on win 10 1703 and i would like to know if anyone has a how to, to get them going.
The wilife cams are both outside cams with the USB adapter. I have found the IP adress for both cams but they ar in the 172.x.x.x. range.
Can anyone help me get these going with blue iris software latest please?

wayner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Am I the only one who read the thread title quickly and thought that this thread was about Wildlife Center Cameras? I have one of my BI cameras in my backyard to catch video of the deer and other wildlife that we get in our yard - hence the interest in this subject.