will bi5 eork for my needs

jbc13815

n3wb
Reaction score
will this patrol my minidome ptz cams and how mobile devices can I use with this system.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
That's hard to answer. I had a look at the Boavision site looking for specs on the cameras. I didn't find any unless I missed something obvious which is entirely possible since I'm pretty tired. Their cameras do say they're ONVIF compatible so they should work with BI. BI has its' own app for your phone or you can use the built-in web page to view on your phone or a remote PC. This is only safe to do if you use a VPN. Port forwarding is inviting your network to be hacked and have your cameras hijacked for use in a botnet not to mention watching your "private" video feeds and exposing everything on your local network for hacking and data theft, well you get the idea.

In terms of recording for two weeks that depends entirely on frame rate and bit rate of the cameras, again no specs I could see.

Using WiFi for security cameras is not a good idea. WiFi is not designed to handle the constant never ending stream of data, the constant video, from surveillance cameras. It is not the same as streaming a movie where a portion of the movie is downloaded, buffered, and the download stops as the movie plays then starts again to get more data. Video from a surveillance camera never stops. Additionally, with five, I believe you mentioned in your other thread, your WiFi system will get overloaded very quickly and you'll see dropouts, signal losses, occurring constantly. Wired is the only way to really have a security camera be reliably connected.