Will CodeProject.AI help with tree shadows?

RifRaff13

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So i am having issues with tree shadows (and wind) causing tons of triggers. I have a windy profile that severely turns down sensitivity settings, but still have tons of triggers. I am curious if i can us AI to help eliminate shadow movement. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes it will.

What cameras - do they have built in AI as you could do that as well.

Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about CodeProject AI. I agree that it really does seem to help with shadows (and headlights
to some extent), but I keep wondering if I shouldn't spend a little more time understanding Blue Iris' motion
detection versus ONVIF events/IVS (there is another interesting thread Lessons learned setting Up IVS (June 2023)).
@wittaj has numerous posts on the topic of motion detection which I have found useful in a very practical way.
Honestly, I've not been able to get any version of CodeProject AI past version 2.07 to work reliably (or at all in some cases).

Something frustrating about the potential and something not very satisfying about the results.

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about CodeProject AI.
Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been using CPAI since it was released, and I’m a big advocate, but it’s not perfect. I’ve tried IVS with mixed results and since not all of my cameras support IVS I keep coming back to CPAI to help maintain consistency within my system.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I've seen a couple of alerts from shadows on CPAI, bit only a couple. Overall, it seems to do quite well at identification. Just beware setting the precentages too high. In CPAI's defence, my drive camera has a wall between it and the subject so it's judgung on upper body only which may push the certainty lower.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The only way I've gotten around shadow triggers is by creating zones and tweaking the trigger motion settings. Always a small time of the year where they are really hard to avoid in 1 zone of my front but zones are the best way forward

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
..or you could just use trip wires. As mentioned I've had 2 instances but BI has been running 6 months now so not a bad rate. You'll probably get a lot more alarms from motion because a shadow is motion if theres movement of the shadow due to the shadowed object moving with wind.