Will Dahua/Hikvision etc. make a 180 degree camera with IR?

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I want to buy a 180 degree camera for my backyard, but there is no ambient light and I don't really want to leave LED's on all night (we already get lots of bugs and spiders without lights on).
But all the 180 degree cameras I see recommended with good size sensors, ONVIF support, good substreams etc. don't have IR capability.
I know these 180 degree cameras are still kind of new. Is it just a matter of time until they release new models with IR, or is there a reason they aren't making them with IR?
I know nobody has a crystal ball, but I'm very new to IP cameras and just thought some people on here might have some insight or heard rumours about new models with IR in the works.
Just trying to decide If I should wait for new models or run two ethernet cables to mount two 5442 cameras instead (or risk it with the LED's I guess).
Thanks
The dual camera camera types still have the flaws of the seam in the middle. The best 180 degree cam I find to use is a fisheye.
Like this Hikvision camera: DS-2CD6365G0E-I

MTL4

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’ve been stuck just using a pair of 5442 S3’s until these 180 cams get better. Not ideal but I still need useable images. I’d rather get a decked out PTZ and use spotter cams if I’m going to spend big bucks on a setup.