Will Dahua support IFTTT some day?

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
One of the enhancements I would like to see with Dahua cameras and their NVRs is the ability to detect that when the homeowner is home, they stop sending push notifications or emails. To detect if a homeowner is home, the NVR or some other external system can detect the presence of a cell phone or perhaps some device IFTTT that can tell the NVR to temporarily stop forwarding motion detections.

Then when the homeowner leaves the house (phone is disconnected from router Wifi/bluetooth) or from IFTTT device, the IFTTT device informs the NVR or camera to re-enable push notification.

Just a thought.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
One of the enhancements I would like to see with Dahua cameras and their NVRs is the ability to detect that when the homeowner is home, they stop sending push notifications or emails. To detect if a homeowner is home, the NVR or some other external system can detect the presence of a cell phone or perhaps some device IFTTT that can tell the NVR to temporarily stop forwarding motion detections.

Then when the homeowner leaves the house (phone is disconnected from router Wifi/bluetooth) or from IFTTT device, the IFTTT device informs the NVR or camera to re-enable push notification.

Just a thought.
Chances are slim to none. That is why folks user software based vms like blue iris.

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Does Blue Iris have that feature where it has APIs to enable/disable push notifications programmatically?

Maybe it's time I jump on this blue iris band wagon....

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Does Blue Iris have that feature where it has APIs to enable/disable push notifications programmatically?

Maybe it's time I jump on this blue iris band wagon....
Yes. Not only that you can use profiles to disable notifications from specific cams so for example your backyard cam will still send you alerts. Its super customizable. Makes the NVR look like a toy.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does Blue Iris have that feature where it has APIs to enable/disable push notifications programmatically?.
Someone used Blue Iris’ API to write a Blue Iris plugin for my home automation system. My HA system also has a plugin for Homebridge.

This is kinda goofy but actually has been useful for me... it only took a few lines of code and I can now say “Hey Siri, mute Blue Iris” and it’ll switch Blue Iris to a profile I have setup to not notify for two hours, then automatically switch back to the normal profile.