Will this work on this Amcrest nvr

Firefighter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Alright so I'm making a final decision. Based on my recent threads, just going with the 4k ip amcrest because its an indoor office environment.

Heres the question, Can I split the system with a poe switch on the other side of the building if I get this nvr that has individual ports?

So, this 32ch nvr has 16 poe ports. Great, I can just use those for one side of the office.
Can I then have a poe switch on the other side, and feed those x amount of cams into one single port back into the nvr?

Does every port only support one single camera? Because if so, then I need to get the nvr with no poe and one single input and I can add the poe switches.

Just wouldn't mind having 16 built in poe.

Here's the diagram of what I'm planning on. It would make wiring so much easier dealing with 30,000 sq ft of office space...

nvr1.jpg

Here's the nvr in question.

If not, then I'll need this nvr and poe switches

Which would mean i network it like so......

nvr2.jpg

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Either method will work. The cable from the first POE switch to the 2nd simply is like adding more ports to the 1st switch lol.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I have an Amcrest Nvr 4108
I can run 8 cameras. i have some on the Nvr and some on a Poe switch
you just go to the Camera tab and do a device search and it will populate the results of what it can find......
Then I think you can use the Admins Password to enable the camera with the IP of the device found.
The Nvr's like to assign the NVR's Admin Password to for cameras GUI password

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
You will have a little less two way traffic on your Wan port if some of the cams originate in the NVR itself...