Win10 starting BI at a set time each day

crankcasy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there a way to have BlueIris start on a PC each day at a set time I have tried task scheduler with no luck so far. The PC is running Win10 and stays on 24hrs a day I just don't want BlueIris running during the day and I sometimes forget to start it at night.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a way to have BlueIris start on a PC each day at a set time I have tried task scheduler with no luck so far. The PC is running Win10 and stays on 24hrs a day I just don't want BlueIris running during the day and I sometimes forget to start it at night.
you need to dedicate a pc to blue iris...a vms should be running 24/7..

n3wb
Reaction score
Install Blue Iris to run "As service". Then in Windows service control manager change service to start manually (from automatic). Once you do that, in Task Scheduler create two tasks. One to start service using C:\Windows\System32\net.exe command with start "Blue Iris" (or whatever the name of the BI service is, I'm not at home right now so I can't check). And second one to stop service with same command and stop "Blue Iris" parameters.
It's important to check "Run with highest privileges" checkbox for both tasks. You can use SYSTEM account.