Windows 10 with EI 11

art2016

n3wb
Reaction score
Can anyone help me with telling me what changes I have to make with Windows 10 and EI 11 browser. There must be some changes that has to be done in order to view my captured snapshots. I know where to find them and it also tells me the capture was succesfull but when going to look for them as it tells me where they are there is nothing there no picture or folder.

Thanks
Art

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can anyone help me with telling me what changes I have to make with Windows 10 and EI 11 browser. There must be some changes that has to be done in order to view my captured snapshots. I know where to find them and it also tells me the capture was succesfull but when going to look for them as it tells me where they are there is nothing there no picture or folder.ThanksArt
Do you run it as Administrator ? I need to do that or else it wont save anything from the camera.

art2016

n3wb
Reaction score
I go there but do not know how to find this answer in that catagory

Reaction score
Do you run it as Administrator ? I need to do that or else it wont save anything from the camera.
Thank you for this -- Setting up local recording has been more work than I expected. I guess this would be a pro of an NVR as opposed to doing everything to PC. Anyway, your comment here immediately solved a problem I was having. Run an admin and suddenly things are working.

art2016

n3wb
Reaction score
I think I am administrator but how do I know? Can you tell me how to check and change this setting to administrator

art2016

n3wb
Reaction score
Also what has to be run in administrator the DVR or Windows 10

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think I am administrator but how do I know? Can you tell me how to check and change this setting to administrator

Make a shortcut to IE11 on your desktop. Rightclick it, choose advanced and check run as admin. Then when you open the shortcut it will ask if run as admin say yes. Done :)

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for this -- Setting up local recording has been more work than I expected. I guess this would be a pro of an NVR as opposed to doing everything to PC. Anyway, your comment here immediately solved a problem I was having. Run an admin and suddenly things are working.
Np, struggled with the same thing when i installed my system hehe.

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
how do you put a shortcut on desktop with windows 10
One way is to locate C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
Right click, send to - dektop (shortcut)

art2016

n3wb
Reaction score
OK got the shortcut but when I right click I can click on the run as administrator but have to do all the time will not stay there. Do I have to go to properties then security and under groups and user names
edit and delete the system

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK got the shortcut but when I right click I can click on the run as administrator but have to do all the time will not stay there. Do I have to go to properties then security and under groups and user names
edit and delete the system
Sorry, missed to write you have to go in to properties first. Right click, properties - advanced - run an admin.

art2016

n3wb
Reaction score
got it but how do I get rid of the pop up every time I OPEN UP THE EI SHORTCUT

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
got it but how do I get rid of the pop up every time I OPEN UP THE EI SHORTCUT
I have not had any need for that as IE11 in admin mode should only be used for the dahua devices as its a security risk using it as regular browser with admin activated. I only login to my cams a few times a week max. So that half a second to click the popup is not somnthing i think about.

art2016

n3wb
Reaction score
Well I changed my setting because I thought it only eliminated the pop up for this site so do you know how I can put it back to a more secure and I can deal with this prompting also. If you know how I can put it back can you let me know but you have to explain in simple and each step as I no this computer terms much. Thanks

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well I changed my setting because I thought it only eliminated the pop up for this site so do you know how I can put it back to a more secure and I can deal with this prompting also. If you know how I can put it back can you let me know but you have to explain in simple and each step as I no this computer terms much. Thanks
I dont quite understand what you mean. Use IE11 in adminmode for Dahua and for example Chrome browser for everything else. IE11 is old by now and should only be used for backward compatibility like with the Dahua.