Windows NFS server and Hikvision

RichardU

n3wb
Reaction score
Can anyone provide working details for setting up a NFS server on Windows and accessing with Hikvision camera?

I've tried:
FreeNFS
WinNFSd
HaneWIN

Nothing seems to work. My version of Windows does not have NFS built in and I don't want to switch.

Thanks,

Richard

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I've never done this myself so I can't help much, but as I understand it some of the Hikvision firmwares have a hard time with network recording. What version is on the camera(s)?

RichardU

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm on V5.1.6 build 140412. I finally got the Hikvision to see the haneWIN NFS server. Now I'm trying to format. It's been a while, and it still says "formatting" but no progress bar updates. I'll give it a while more and reboot the camera. Thanks.

RichardU

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, I'm happy. Using v5.1.6 build 140412, I am able to get my Hikvision DS-2CD3332-I to see the haneWIN NFS server without any hacks. Let me know if anyone wants any settings.

RichardU

n3wb
Reaction score
I set this in haneWIN exports: "c:\PoolCam" -public -name:poolCam
and set this in Hikvision File Path /PoolCam

Whoever came up with this backward-slash forward-slash crap should be slashed.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
NFS is a unix service and uses unix naming convention, same for the internet url's; you windows people got your slashes all wrong and when you try to use unix services it becomes painful.. for you. :p

If you have an old computer laying around you want to record on check out freenas; its very easy with a slick web-ui.. boots off usb/cd and turns all the hdd's into network storage (Windows Shares/Apple Shares/FTP/NFS/iSCSI/SFTP/etc).. it'll run for as long as your hardware lets it without trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:

RichardU

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been using unRAID for about four years, although I think I'm about to switch to snapRAID.