wireless HDMI from NVR to TV

rebelbah

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
trying to find a reasonably cost wireless HDMI transmitter and receiver to connect to NVR and broadcast to a TV in another room
any info is much appreciated

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I will prefer a wired solutions, but If going wireless, you need to consider the distance between Tx-source/Rx-display, including walls/objects in between, etc. I will never go beyond 30FT, even if the product advertise for 100FT. Many low priced solution add delay or out-of-sync between A/V (for cameras, that should be no issue). But expect to pay over $200 for a well designed wireless solution. If cabling for a low cost solution, go with vandyman recommendation, even thou I will use Vanco HDBaseT products (more expensive)

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You may also consider installing an Android tv box, with your particular nvr apk installed. Just add the static ip of your nvr for local viewing. A wireless mouse allow you to select all cameras

rebelbah

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You may also consider installing an Android tv box, with your particular nvr apk installed. Just add the static ip of your nvr for local viewing. A wireless mouse allow you to select all cameras
Will look into this one more

Kameraad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Will look into this one more
I tried this as well and it did work, but dgmss lost connection about every 3 days. Which became annoying pretty quick. What i did then was buy a cheap nvr from andy. I believe the 4208, without a hdd just to watch cams on my tv. This worked perfect.

Later i went with the gofanco hdmi extenders because you can connect multiple RX ones to a single TX. But i understand these can exceed a budget quite fast.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I also have dahua app installed, but never experienced any problems. Could it related to the apk or the box version? Has anyone else experience the same problem?

Kameraad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just installed it through the play store, just like on a phone. But ive heard more people using this method, and it's definitely cheaper than a cheap nvr. So if it works for you Eggsan he should give it a try! At that time i was fed up with it and didn't feel like investing more time and figured i'd buy the nvr because i knew it would work.
Can you share a link to the box you use?

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
remember you are looking for a wireless solution, which means an nvr + wireless setup

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It works for me, but there are many variable involved. Mine is an old Q-Box. 6.0 installed in a gazebo-tv, using an ubiquiti “firing” wifi from the house. The Q-Box is small enough to fit behind the tv, using an usb port from the tv to power the box. I rather recommend the Xiaomi Mi box, about $70 in Amazon

rebelbah

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried this as well and it did work, but dgmss lost connection about every 3 days. Which became annoying pretty quick. What i did then was buy a cheap nvr from andy. I believe the 4208, without a hdd just to watch cams on my tv. This worked perfect.

Later i went with the gofanco hdmi extenders because you can connect multiple RX ones to a single TX. But i understand these can exceed a budget quite fast.
cameras are plugged in direct to unit so not sure another DVR will connect

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I just installed it through the play store, just like on a phone. But ive heard more people using this method, and it's definitely cheaper than a cheap nvr. So if it works for you Eggsan he should give it a try! At that time i was fed up with it and didn't feel like investing more time and figured i'd buy the nvr because i knew it would work.
Can you share a link to the box you use?
I have a Sony andriod tv. I looked for dmss in the play store and didn't find it. It's gdmss? I know that's the andriod phone version but thought it would be dmss by now.