Wiring Swann Cameras

BenQ204

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently picked up two Swann cameras from a garage sale but both of the wires have been cut on them. I uploaded a picture so you can see what I'm talking about but basically there are 5 wires - 2 black, 2 red and 1 yellow. How would I go about rewiring them? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I recently picked up two Swann cameras from a garage sale but both of the wires have been cut on them. I uploaded a picture so you can see what I'm talking about but basically there are 5 wires - 2 black, 2 red and 1 yellow. How would I go about rewiring them? Thanks in advance!
Hi @BenQ204

Swann has carried a lot of different models of cameras ( coax and IP ) from various OEMs. Do you have more info on the camera model? ( sometimes there is a sticker on the camera with the model number )

BenQ204

n3wb
Reaction score
Unfortunately most of the model number is scratched off but here's what I can make out - "SRPRO" (scratched off) "AM"

I believe the end says CAM but I can only for sure see the "AM". As for the middle numbers/letters, they're completely scratched off so thats the best I can do. Hopefully that helps.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I believe thats an old 720p analog camera, not worth the trouble. What are you going to connect it to? I think those are TVI.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone else available to help? I really wanted to get these things up today, thanks!
Hi @BenQ204

If you're looking to hack, play, and learn: I would definitely encourage you to search for coax specs as I concur with bigredfish that you're certainly looking at an old analog camera.

A quick search shows that you should be able to find the answer on the internet, just a question of spending some time finding the right page.
( I tried: "cctv camera wiring diagram" .. did not produce a hit right away - so you may want to tweek the search terms a bit.. )