With the 1/3 exposure time, it's way more better than IR, is it harmfull for camera?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Re: With the 1/3 exposure time, it's way more better than IR, is it harmfull for came

Here is an example video from DS-2CD2032-I:
It's hard to believe this quality from an old 2032 3MP cam. It looks too clear and clean. With my new newer 4MP camera I still don't get even close to these same results with some street lightning and flood light. Bottom line I don't believe this could be DS-2CD2032-I model, perhaps a dark fighter series.

even daylight looks cleaner then what I see in all my 3MP/4MP cameras. Looks like BS:

Last edited by a moderator:

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Re: With the 1/3 exposure time, it's way more better than IR, is it harmfull for came

Then I would be looking at my settings! The 4mp are still not all they are cracked upto be over the 2mp or 3mp at night. But large amounts of street lighting does play it's part as faster shutter can still used giving a sharp image and less noise.
From the video you see how much light is there, because what little extra light is needed for the camera to switch into day mode.

Cossie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

This is mine DS-2CD2032F-IW day footage:

Three-floors above ground, do you think it's clear? (Snapshot by printscreen key while full-screen playback at my 1080p monitor)

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score

Then I would be looking at my settings! The 4mp are still not all they are cracked upto be over the 2mp or 3mp at night. But large amounts of street lighting does play it's part as faster shutter can still used giving a sharp image and less noise.
From the video you see how much light is there, because what little extra light is needed for the camera to switch into day mode.
Do you have Hikvision 3MP cam? Can you share a screenshot that would be as good as video above? What Cossie posted from his bullet is my experience too in other 3MP cameras.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score

Well, yours showing exactly what I was expecting to see and same as my results day or night on 3mp turret. The video above is much cleaner / sharper even during a day. Maybe upgraded lens?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

It's just the light levels. I'm almost totally dark. looking at the video it also looks like other IR sources and street lights with a low mounted camera, mine are mounted at roof height at 20ft with 6mm lens.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

It's just the light levels. I'm almost totally dark. looking at the video it also looks like other IR sources and street lights with a low mounted camera, mine are mounted at roof height at 20ft with 6mm lens.
That's a decent looking night shot compared to my 2032's
I have similar lighting to you can you share your night settings so I can see if I can tweak mine a little bit.
I get way too much noise to say I have street light plonked right outside my house!

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score

Perhaps it's some powerful IR light he has there, there is no hint of noise in the image and I have doubts that even with ample amount of light the noise would be absent. I could only dream getting this type of results in any of my cameras, even mini PTZ isn't perfect.

Cossie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

That was my IR on image (with flying bugs :) )

Attachments