WLAN Access Rejected from shanghai high-flying electronics MAC

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
[WLAN access rejected: incorrect security] from MAC F0:FE:6B:68:18:31, Saturday, Sep 28,2019 12:12:35

I keep seeing the above in my router logs. I blocked the MAC address just in case. Any idea what devices use shanghai high-flying electronics network adapters?

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
[WLAN access rejected: incorrect security] from MAC F0:FE:6B:68:18:31, Saturday, Sep 28,2019 12:12:35

I keep seeing the above in my router logs. I blocked the MAC address just in case. Any idea what devices use shanghai high-flying electronics network adapters?
Looks like they make a lot of WIFI mods for electronic hobbyists, Probable some high-school kids trying to hack your system for fun.
link https://www.globalsources.com/si/AS/Shanghai-High-Flying/6008844685423/Showroom/3000000149681/ALL.htmk

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
It might even be a wifi camera near you, you could always use a wifi sniffer to drill down on the location its coming from if its really bothering you, sometimes you can see it on your cell phone.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
D'oh my GE air condition isn't connected to wifi anymore. Maybe it was that. I'll verify later this afternoon.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok, I came home and my GE air condition was back connected to my Wi-Fi. That makes since since GE is American made but I doubt all parts are made in the US. But anyway yeah it wasn't that lol.

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can reverse engineer the connection. All of the new WiFi smart switches and devices all talk to the cloud these days.

Here have modded my MagicHome RGB controllers with Espurna firmware and added a digital on off switch and dimmer pot. These control my kitchen under cabinet LED lamps and over the kitchen cabinet. These are used for only one color andusing MQTT.

I have also modded SonOff devices and currently using one as a GDO opener, temperature sensor for garage and it has reed switches connected to it to know the position of the garage door. Using MQTT for this stuff.

The WiFi controllers are basically espxxx chips (like Arduinos) connected to a WiFi module which initially go in to AP mode to configure the device to the cloud connection using your Android or iOS phone.

Easiest way to replace the firmware is to JTAG the device and dump the ROM and then replace it with modded firmware.