Wondering if I'm the only one before I email support

gmaster1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So for the past few months (at least) I've had an issue with the ActiveX player as well as iPhone/Android apps. I'll log in, click on a cam with PTZ support, try to move the cam around or choose a preset, and nothing will happen. I click several times. Nothing. I close out of the app (or IE) and open it back up. Usually the second or third time/attempt, I will see the cam moving around as sort of a "backlog" of PTZ requests that I previously made. I can then move the cam around after it is done doing some of the previously backed up commands.

Some details:
- The last 6 or 7 updates did nothing to resolve yet.
- I'm getting this on pretty much any device I test/use. It doesn't happen every time, but still most of the time.
- No crash errors and nothing in sys logs.
- This is happening on all of my BI installs.
- BI installs are on an assortment of hardware, but OS sits between Win7-Win10 Pro. Nothing out of the ordinary and way more than enough bandwidth/resources/etc.
- Happens on LAN and WAN.

I'll email this out to Ken/Support eventually but didn't want to annoy them if others have observed and called it out yet.

-G

RogMan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So for the past few months (at least) I've had an issue with the ActiveX player as well as iPhone/Android apps. I'll log in, click on a cam with PTZ support, try to move the cam around or choose a preset, and nothing will happen. I click several times. Nothing. I close out of the app (or IE) and open it back up. Usually the second or third time/attempt, I will see the cam moving around as sort of a "backlog" of PTZ requests that I previously made. I can then move the cam around after it is done doing some of the previously backed up commands.

Some details:
- The last 6 or 7 updates did nothing to resolve yet.
- I'm getting this on pretty much any device I test/use. It doesn't happen every time, but still most of the time.
- No crash errors and nothing in sys logs.
- This is happening on all of my BI installs.
- BI installs are on an assortment of hardware, but OS sits between Win7-Win10 Pro. Nothing out of the ordinary and way more than enough bandwidth/resources/etc.
- Happens on LAN and WAN.

I'll email this out to Ken/Support eventually but didn't want to annoy them if others have observed and called it out yet.

-G
Welcome to my world. I still have problems using the camera interface because of activex I presume. I have tried IE 10, IE 11, Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Opera Safari, Vivaldi, Luna and Sea Monkey. Sometimes 1 will work 1 time and stop. I have been told on here it is easy but not for me. I have loaded the login info and go to the dots and tell it to use IE11. I have tried the F12 Developer as well.
Have you looked to what your FPS is doing. I am getting 2-3 FPS and I have the camera set to 12.5 and BI to 15. Now I have developed another problem. All cameras run perfectly at night and crap out with noise all day long. I have this posted waiting on something to try. Under RogMan and webviewer.
I have talked to Ken and Jennifer and they think it some sort of file issue but that was 10 days ago. I have left a message with them on this latest problem but have not heard back from them.
This must really be a tough one or you and I have the luck because now there is not much feedback on how to fix it.
Roger

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to my world. I still have problems using the camera interface because of activex I presume. I have tried IE 10, IE 11, Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Opera Safari, Vivaldi, Luna and Sea Monkey. Sometimes 1 will work 1 time and stop. I have been told on here it is easy but not for me. I have loaded the login info and go to the dots and tell it to use IE11. I have tried the F12 Developer as well.
Have you looked to what your FPS is doing. I am getting 2-3 FPS and I have the camera set to 12.5 and BI to 15. Now I have developed another problem. All cameras run perfectly at night and crap out with noise all day long. I have this posted waiting on something to try. Under RogMan and webviewer.
I have talked to Ken and Jennifer and they think it some sort of file issue but that was 10 days ago. I have left a message with them on this latest problem but have not heard back from them.
This must really be a tough one or you and I have the luck because now there is not much feedback on how to fix it.
Roger
The op's problem is completely different..he is refering to blue iris active x in IE..not the camera interface...your fps issues are not related to this...likely user error..

RogMan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any idea where to start user error solution. I have reinstalled the Windows 10 once and BI 3 times? You think this cold be causing my problems with heavy noise on camera view during daytime?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Any idea where to start user error solution. I have reinstalled the Windows 10 once and BI 3 times? You think this cold be causing my problems with heavy noise on camera view during daytime?
I used to have this problem with junky Chinese cameras. The only thing that helped was to set the iframe interval equal to the frame rate (in the camera's web interface).

RogMan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yea, I did that. Cameras are running 12.5 and I have BI running 15 based on a fenderman thread from several years ago I believe.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
How have you even set a frame rate of 12.5? I've never seen a camera with that option.

Blue Iris has nothing to do with the iframe interval.

RogMan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is this not what you are talking about?
OK, BI is 12.5 and camera is 12.
upload_2017-6-3_0-24-22.png