Woolink Settings Anyone?

Diggs

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten Woolink cameras to work with Blue Iris? I'd be curious what settings were used. Yes, I know these are cheap Chinesium cameras but for the money they appear to have good 2K performance. I'm trying to add one of the bullet cams to an isolated (no Internet) network. I can feed Blue Iris the camera IP but Blue Iris cannot configure it. Not sure what else to try.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten Woolink cameras to work with Blue Iris? I'd be curious what settings were used. Yes, I know these are cheap Chinesium cameras but for the money they appear to have good 2K performance. I'm trying to add one of the bullet cams to an isolated (no Internet) network. I can feed Blue Iris the camera IP but Blue Iris cannot configure it. Not sure what else to try.
What is the specific model of Woolink camera?

Diggs

n3wb
Reaction score
What is the specific model of Woolink camera?
They are remarkedly without any identification. Here's their page on Amazon. They are intended to be used with their app of course but I thought I saw somewhere they can be used on other systems. No where can I find any details on them. If they are truly proprietary then they are going back. But for the money ($21 from another vendor) I wanted to check them out.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I suggest you return it and for a few dollars more get this, the TP-LINK Tapo C-310 => TP-Link Tapo 2K Security Camera Outdoor Wired, IP66 Weatherproof, Motion/Person Detection, Built-in Siren w/ Night Vision, Cloud/SD Card Storage, 2-Way Audio, Works w/ Alexa & Google Home (Tapo C310)

It can stream RTSP to Blue Iris or VLC, no cloud required, if you follow these instructions => How to view Tapo camera on a PC through RTSP stream

EDIT: 5/17/24 @ 1550CDT: I've been streaming its cousin, the C-110. to Blue Iris since Dec. '22 here:

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Diggs

n3wb
Reaction score
I suggest you return it and for a few dollars more get this, the TP-LINK Tapo C-310
Yes, time to send them back. But, I like the C-325WB because I have to have wireless. Thanks for the recommendation!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The C-310 I suggested is also wireless or wired. It also has IR for night vision, the C-325WB has no IR and must use its visible white LEDs under low lighting conditions if not enough light for full color operation.

EDIT: I think the term "wired" on amazon means it's not battery operated. It has 2 antennas and the specs are on the company site here.

Diggs

n3wb
Reaction score
I had forgotten that some (old tech) cameras still need ActiveX to access. I turned on IE mode in Edge on an old Win10 laptop which enabled ActiveX. From there it was pretty easy to check out the camera settings. Once I set HTTP (80), ONVIF (8899) and Media (34567) ports in Blue Iris it worked great. Nice camera for the money. Good IR and even follows if subject is going out of frame.

(For the future knowledge of someone finding this thread trying to use Woolink cameras, you first need to use their mobile app to put the camera on the network of your choice. Your phone needs to be on that network with cell service turned off. No 5ghz BTW. The app generates a QR code that is then scanned by the Woolink camera and it joins that network. Setting up a name and password account is not necessary (choose local option on that screen) but giving the camera a password is required. In the future (for Blue Iris and direct access) that camera name by default is "admin" and the password is what ever you just set with the app. Find the IP of the camera either through your router or an IP Scanner (Advanced IP Scanner). Use that IP when adding a camera in Blue Iris. Start with the above port numbers in the Video section of Blue Iris. They should work. Be sure the username and password are correct. If not working then it's time to examine the actual camera settings using IE mode in Edge. Open the IP address in IE mode. Download and install the plugin for ActiveX. Login and from there you can see the ports and addressing being used. I'm sure I missed something but this is way longer than meant to be.)

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I had forgotten that some (old tech) cameras still need ActiveX to access. I turned on IE mode in Edge on an old Win10 laptop which enabled ActiveX. From there it was pretty easy to check out the camera settings. Once I set HTTP (80), ONVIF (8899) and Media (34567) ports in Blue Iris it worked great. Nice camera for the money. Good IR and even follows if subject is going out of frame.

(For the future knowledge of someone finding this thread trying to use Woolink cameras, you first need to use their mobile app to put the camera on the network of your choice. Your phone needs to be on that network with cell service turned off. No 5ghz BTW. The app generates a QR code that is then scanned by the Woolink camera and it joins that network. Setting up a name and password account is not necessary (choose local option on that screen) but giving the camera a password is required. In the future (for Blue Iris and direct access) that camera name by default is "admin" and the password is what ever you just set with the app. Find the IP of the camera either through your router or an IP Scanner (Advanced IP Scanner). Use that IP when adding a camera in Blue Iris. Start with the above port numbers in the Video section of Blue Iris. They should work. Be sure the username and password are correct. If not working then it's time to examine the actual camera settings using IE mode in Edge. Open the IP address in IE mode. Download and install the plugin for ActiveX. Login and from there you can see the ports and addressing being used. I'm sure I missed something but this is way longer than meant to be.)
Thanks for the info.
If you can make the cam's IP static then I recommend you do so and use a unique IP that is outside the router's DHCP pool.
If must cam must remain DHCP (like many TP-LINK Tapo's) then reserve that IP in the router.:cool:

Last edited: