Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-HDW5842T-ZE-S2 / IPC-T5842T-ZE - 8MP / 4K Vari-Focal Turret

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

The smart IR firmware has been updated for this 4K one.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
From my experience and talked with @Wildcat_1

The 5842 as it really is good and definitely worth it for people wanting to look to add to their 5442 rollout as well :D
So if budget is not a problem, just get one of this.
We have a project at a resort total 128 cams, the boss there want to change their 2mp cams to the IPC-T5842T-ZE.
Here is a sample.

1641995246358.jpg

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I will tell him next time IPCAMTALK member go there have to do some dicount for us, because we can help him install/adjust some cams;)
It's on a caribbean island:D
He will use the cameras with this super NVR,

View attachment 115303

Last edited:

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I dont see this has a ALARM OUT wire in specs. I dont think any of the turrets come with ALARM OUT wires though from what I have been researching. I've looked at the 5842s and 5442s. Can anyone confirm this?

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I dont see this has a ALARM OUT wire in specs. I dont think any of the turrets come with ALARM OUT wires though from what I have been researching. I've looked at the 5842s and 5442s. Can anyone confirm this?
The bullet version has the alarm port. IPC-B5842E-ZE.
All turret IR version not have the alarm in/output, but on the domes and bullet.

vitrify13

n3wb
Reaction score
I just wanted to say thanks to @Wildcat_1 for this extensive review. We moved into a house that had 6 older analog cameras that were just terrible and after reading this review along with seeing @EMPIRETECANDY being an active member of the community (& taking feedback to Dahua for FW adjustments!), I purchased 6 of these 5842's from Andy's Aliexpress account, which I think cleared him out. I'm looking forward to upgrading the cameras and starting out my journey on significantly improving the surveillance of our home.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
I just wanted to say thanks to @Wildcat_1 for this extensive review. We moved into a house that had 6 older analog cameras that were just terrible and after reading this review along with seeing @EMPIRETECANDY being an active member of the community (& taking feedback to Dahua for FW adjustments!), I purchased 6 of these 5842's from Andy's Aliexpress account, which I think cleared him out. I'm looking forward to upgrading the cameras and starting out my journey on significantly improving the surveillance of our home.
Thanks for the kind words @vitrify13 glad the review helped. Will continue to do these and other comparisons, setup videos etc as long as they help people. Jus the sure to DM me if you need any help with dialing in the cams. Enjoy !