Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-HDW5842T-ZE-S2 / IPC-T5842T-ZE - 8MP / 4K Vari-Focal Turret

jaernouts

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the great review @Wilcat_1! I'm reading around the internet because I want to set-up my first camera's at my place. Up until last week, before I found this camera / post, this forum convinced me (more or less) to go for the 5442, but now I'm in doubt again as this 5842 looks also good!

What would just suggest, taking into account that I want to do this first-time-right, so I don't have an issue with paying a bit more. I need 3 camera's; 1 to cover ~6m, 1 to cover ~10m and one to cover ~20m distance. Should I go for 5842s or go for 5442s?

Thanks!

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for the great review @Wilcat_1! I'm reading around the internet because I want to set-up my first camera's at my place. Up until last week, before I found this camera / post, this forum convinced me (more or less) to go for the 5442, but now I'm in doubt again as this 5842 looks also good!

What would just suggest, taking into account that I want to do this first-time-right, so I don't have an issue with paying a bit more. I need 3 camera's; 1 to cover ~6m, 1 to cover ~10m and one to cover ~20m distance. Should I go for 5842s or go for 5442s?

Thanks!
Just updating my infrastructure tonight so will reply tomorrow. Apologies for delay

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok, finished putting this new FW through the test. Glad to see a number of the tweaks I asked for are now in place and should now improve the out of the box experience. There are some further tweaks I still want to see with regards to AA filter + codec tweaks which I will pass back to @EMPIRETECANDY and Dahua. Andy, feel free to make this latest FW available. For those with 5842's, take a look and you should see some improvements with this one based on the tweaks. Will continue working with Dahua on this and see if I can get those remaining tweaks taken care of as I think that will assist even further based on my testing. If anyone needs any assistance dialing this one in, as always let me know. I do respond to all even if some times due to notifications not going off its a little delayed. Thanks all

Balex

n3wb
Reaction score
Wildcat_1, I read your review and ordered varifocal cameras 5842 in exchange, 2831. but now I began to doubt whether I did the right thing. I think it might be worth buying 5442? how much better is 5442 at night, is there a big difference between these cameras?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys

This 4K model low light capacity is bit better than the old HDW5831R-ZE, but at low light place the IPC-T5442T-ZE 4MP still do better than this 4K camera, so can't think the 4K can do same working as the 5442 one at low light place. It can work bit good at good light situation place, at least not too dark.

Andy

Eagle29

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Eagle29

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It has some good improvement compare to the old one, we highly recommend this one.
This firmware right?