Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-HDW5849H-ASE-LED / IPC-Color4K-T - 2.8mm Turret

BelMa

n3wb
Reaction score
Note that the version in Andy's web is V3.120.0000000.17.R

BelMa

n3wb
Reaction score
If you check the firmware after it’s loaded it will show 14R not 17R by the way.
File name is General_IPC-HX5(4)XXX-Taurus_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V3.120.0000000.17.R.230227.bin, and Device Info is showing version 17.R

1686866735683.png

But same build date firmware that I've updated on other Color4K-T some weeks ago is 14R

1686866887387.png
Note that Web version is also different.

Last edited:

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
File name is General_IPC-HX5(4)XXX-Taurus_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V3.120.0000000.17.R.230227.bin, and Device Info is showing version 17.R

View attachment 165565

But same build date firmware that I've updated on other Color4K-T some weeks ago is 14R

View attachment 165566
Note that Web version is also different.
That’s odd because I just downloaded the one from his website that said 17R on it and uploaded it to my color4kt but it still showed 14r. I didn’t do the factory resets though.

dubber

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi Folks

I log into the web GUI, turn on Alarm via the bell icon on top right, then go to Alarm Subscriptions and turn everything on.

The alarms work when I remain log in and one of the IVS rules get triggered, it would populate there.

Question/Issue I have is, when I log out, log back in , the alarm section is blank even though I know that the camera got triggered. It does not populate. (The alarm remains enable, I double/tripe check it)

Is this a "normal/expected" behavior? Does the alarm only works when a user remains log in the WEB GUI? or Am I missing something ?

I'm using Chrome. FYI

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
lol thanks for the confirmation. If that's the case, it's "weird", after a certain amount of time, the web GUI will timeout and auto log out so I can't see the logs.
Have you checked the regular camera log? You can access that with other software too.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
lol thanks for the confirmation. If that's the case, it's "weird", after a certain amount of time, the web GUI will timeout and auto log out so I can't see the logs.
The web GUI times out at 60 min I believe .
For monitoring live and downloading clips you should look into SmartPSS - runs on a PC and won’t time out.

dubber

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you checked the regular camera log? You can access that with other software too.
When I go to settings and from the drop down, I go to log, all I see is log in, log out, save config.

Is there somewhere that I am suppose to go to for other logs?

I want to see which IVS rules are getting trigger and what kind, tripwire vs intrusion etc so I can tweak the camera more

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When I go to settings and from the drop down, I go to log, all I see is log in, log out, save config.

Is there somewhere that I am suppose to go to for other logs?

I want to see which IVS rules are getting trigger and what kind, tripwire vs intrusion etc so I can tweak the camera more
This is actually an issue that I was about to start a thread on: What gets logged how and where? I do get log entries with "event begin" and "event end", which say "SMD(human)" or "SMD(car)" etc. But I also get recordings with no log entry.

I catually got IVS log entries too. I do have an SD card installed to which I record those events.

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What's the proper way to reset these camera's. I tried holding down the reset button for atleast 30sec and still no luck. I have one of Ten I cant access the GUI on. I can see it show up on my network 192.168.1.108 but going to that doesn't find it and pinging it also doesnt ping back. Using the config tool only sees 9 not 10 cameras So before I send it back to Amazon I'm trying to see if I can revive it.

PS I think it originally had a GUI but after changing it from 192.168.1.108 to 192.168.1.220 it never took and seems to be stuck at neither of them. So I'm trying to reset it to default so I can get it again at 108

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What's the proper way to reset these camera's. I tried holding down the reset button for atleast 30sec and still no luck. I have one of Ten I cant access the GUI on. I can see it show up on my network 192.168.1.108 but going to that doesn't find it and pinging it also doesnt ping back. Using the config tool only sees 9 not 10 cameras So before I send it back to Amazon I'm trying to see if I can revive it.

PS I think it originally had a GUI but after changing it from 192.168.1.108 to 192.168.1.220 it never took and seems to be stuck at neither of them. So I'm trying to reset it to default so I can get it again at 108
Did you have it powered while you held in the reset button?

Do you have another camera or device already sitting on 192.168.1.108? Without plugging this one in, confirm nothing is using that IP address. If so, you have an IP address conflict.

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you have it powered while you held in the reset button?

Do you have another camera or device already sitting on 192.168.1.108? Without plugging this one in, confirm nothing is using that IP address. If so, you have an IP address conflict.
No I currently have changed all the ips away from 108. That was probley what started this issue as I was installing several cameras at a time. But I would login and set them to a different static so i could point them. Later I went into my router (unifi USG) and sent them on the router side and changed the cameras to DHCP. but this camera I could never gate back in.

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1.jpg

Which Also means resetting it isn't working cuz it should go back to 108. I don't have it fixed ip in the router yet and 108 is not currently being used.

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can also get putty to connect to the camera on 192.168.1.220 SSH port 22 but I don't have a password for it and I know I never turned on SSH in the GUI.