Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-HDW5849H-ASE-LED / IPC-Color4K-T - 2.8mm Turret

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you using Windows Edge/Explorer to access the CAM? I don't have this CAM but I have read Dahua uses Explorer/Edge.

I use Chrome/Brave and have this Extension:

View attachment 167218

I was using chrome like the other 9 cameras I installed but I did just try edge with the same issue. I think unless there is some way to ssh in a reset or some other trick I'm just gonna send this one back to Amazon and get a replacement. The other 9 and up and working just fine.

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you sure you don't have 2 devices on 192.168.1.220? Unplug the camera and try pinging 192.168.1.220 again.
Ping.jpg

I disabled the POE on the port for the camera, ran the ping and got a timed out. Turned the POE back on and now I get ping again on 220. Nothing else is on 220 and nothing is on 108 that I would like to reset this thing back to default and start from scratch.

8urt0

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I love this camera so much I do not even own one but sat through the weekend reading through this thread. I think I could see myself buying one of these as an overview cam out the front :headbang:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I was using chrome like the other 9 cameras I installed but I did just try edge with the same issue. I think unless there is some way to ssh in a reset or some other trick I'm just gonna send this one back to Amazon and get a replacement. The other 9 and up and working just fine.
Just make a hard reset on the reset button, press it 7-10 seconds and make sure camera is powered when you do this.
1689062167048.png

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just make a hard reset on the reset button, press it 7-10 seconds and make sure camera is powered when you do this.
View attachment 167466
Thanks for getting back to me, I tried that with no luck. I ended up sending it back to Amazon for replacement. Other 9 were no issue. Still waiting for replacement to come and hopefully this last one will install like the others did without a problem.

Coal_Cracker

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is there anything in the pipeline for the varifocal yet, bullet or turrett? I'd love to give these a try but anywhere I'd want to put them I'm using over 6mm of zoom currently. Sorry if this has already been asked recently I've been out of the loop for a couple months.

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What's the recommend settings for blueiris? I'm having problems with picture quality compared to my older 4mp cameras. Attached is a few pics of the settings and one camera that isn't as clear is the new 4k vs. The older camera the image is clearer.

Attachments

dmitry_s

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought my first camera (to replace an amcrest doorbell). But I'm confused by the quality of the picture, it's blurry. Can anyone confirm if this is normal or not normal for this camera?
I have updated the camera to the latest firmware (see attachment) and set max quality for the main stream. I only used it for testing.
encode.png
I tested pictures in three different positions: 28, 20, and 15 feet. It represents the distances that will be used on the front door. Also, I used an amazon box as a flat contrasting target (logo + numbers).
The first test with the default image settings.
config1-20 feet.pngconfig1-image.png
For the second test, I reduced Sharpness to 20.
config2-20 feet.pngconfig2-image.png
It certainly helped, but I expected slightly better results for 20 feet under ideal conditions (light, stand objects). I'm going to spend a little bit more time with the settings, but so far I believe there's a problem with the focus. Please let me know what you think. Thanks

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I bought my first camera (to replace an amcrest doorbell). But I'm confused by the quality of the picture, it's blurry. Can anyone confirm if this is normal or not normal for this camera?
I have updated the camera to the latest firmware (see attachment) and set max quality for the main stream. I only used it for testing.
View attachment 168195
I tested pictures in three different positions: 28, 20, and 15 feet. It represents the distances that will be used on the front door. Also, I used an amazon box as a flat contrasting target (logo + numbers).
The first test with the default image settings.
View attachment 168204View attachment 168206
For the second test, I reduced Sharpness to 20.
View attachment 168208View attachment 168210
It certainly helped, but I expected slightly better results for 20 feet under ideal conditions (light, stand objects). I'm going to spend a little bit more time with the settings, but so far I believe there's a problem with the focus. Please let me know what you think. Thanks
Read thru this thread and you will see that these cameras on the 1/1.2" sensor have a much smaller focus range (surveillance cameras are not infinity focus and the larger sensors tend to be more pronounced).

As such many are using them for overview or have a field of view that the distance they want clear focus is what the camera is set for, or they open up the camera and adjust the focus to their field of view.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Here's a shot from my 4K-T 3.6mm... Looks much crisper? Running 16384 also. May be my old bad eyes but looks sharper than yours.

Still shots arent too bad, but the pulsing in video is distracting

Home_GatorCam-Color4K-T_main_20230713084709_@5.jpg

dmitry_s

n3wb
Reaction score
Read thru this thread and you will see that these cameras on the 1/1.2" sensor have a much smaller focus range
Thanks. I read the last 20 pages and found a similar complaint. Then found in spec "Close Focus Distance - 3.6 mm: 6 m (19.7 ft)". That explains my blurred results for 15-20 ft. On the other hand, there are much better results in the post #758632 (7, 13ft for 3.6mm).

or they open up the camera and adjust the focus to their field of view.
Unfortunately, this is not my level yet :)

Here's a shot from my 4K-T 3.6mm... Looks much crisper?
Thank you for providing more examples. Yes, I agree that it looks better. I'll experiment with the settings. Then I'll either return (amazon) or contact @EMPIRETECANDY.

tmxv4128

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks. I read the last 20 pages and found a similar complaint. Then found in spec "Close Focus Distance - 3.6 mm: 6 m (19.7 ft)". That explains my blurred results for 15-20 ft. On the other hand, there are much better results in the post #758632 (7, 13ft for 3.6mm).

Unfortunately, this is not my level yet :)

Thank you for providing more examples. Yes, I agree that it looks better. I'll experiment with the settings. Then I'll either return (amazon) or contact @EMPIRETECANDY.
Maybe I missed it, but what are your noise reduction settings? Set too high will lead to softening of the image.