Worlds First Review - Dahua IPC-HFW8442-Z4-D47-LI - Dual Sensor Micro PTZ Bullet

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Last time I checked with Dahua (a week ago) it was still so new they hadn’t solidified a price. @EMPIRETECANDY is also following up with them to get an update on this.
Maybe someone at Dahua will read this review and consider placing it below $650.XX?!? :headbang: Regardless, looking forward to the day and night video's from you! :thumb:

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe someone at Dahua will read this review and consider placing it below $650.XX?!? :headbang: Regardless, looking forward to the day and night video's from you! :thumb:
Don't worry, captured a lot of video of the weekend and still have a ton more to do to put each feature through its paces. Currently editing the first batch x2 (due to the dual sensor) and plan to share day & night (with tweaks) as well as initial walk around pics at night. I may cut this down into smaller videos but haven't decided yet as either way I'll give you all timestamps etc. Like I mentioned, a lot of features on this one and a lot of dialing in to ensure both sensors compliment each other BUT stay tuned, I will be getting video up ASAP and also the new menu breakdown.

Last edited:

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
I think you missed the 1 from the beginning of $650 as it has Dual Sensors double the money :)

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Typical Application scenarios from Dehua's promotional Video

Urban Roads
Entrance Exits Commercial
Highway Ramps
Tunnels
Subway Entrances

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes remember even though no price yet this is dual sensors therefore equivalent to 2 cams PLUS this has full AI (ANPR, Face Recognition on board etc) so akin to the Ultra 7xxx series in terms of potential price point per cam / sensor etc. However remember this cam also has some PTZ functionality on both lenses (more on this later in review) so will also potentially bump cost. Will update with price as soon as I hear back on it.

HTH

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
If they can price this unit right, I am sure it will be the hottest item and will be flying off the shelf :) Hoping they price it really well :) Once again thank you so much wildcat for the review really like the video thank you!
No problem @tech101, more to come, stay tuned :)

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
How far away is the fence in your backyard from the camera? I'm just trying to figure out how much "reach" the camera has.

Thanks!
Just over 60 feet and very little tele was used. When I do next set of test I will do 1 with full zoom on the tele for you as well

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
if its not too personal would love to see what the camera looks like mounted to the house.
Will look to get a pic once complete with testing as currently keep moving it around. Like I mentioned in the intro nice thing I found was being able to use a PFA 120 in the mix too :)