Worst install ever

spammenotinoz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looks perfectly reasonable to me, the pig tail thing on its own must be the WiFi aerial and you don’t want to hide or box that away.
Sorry not sure if you were being sarcastic, but that tail is the optional power injector to use when the switch isn't PoE.
Those SWANNcams also have weather covers for the RJ45 that they didn't use.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
interesting Installer , in his opinion maybe best installation he did ever!! LOL
yeah, we might consider giving him the benefit of the doubt....maybe he was there strictly as a bar patron, had a pitcher of beer or 2 and the owner talked him into it...even let him stand on his shoulders while he hung 'em. :highfive:

Ubaid Masood

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yeah, we might consider giving him the benefit of the doubt....maybe he was there strictly as a bar patron, had a pitcher of beer or 2 and the owner talked him into it...even let him stand on his shoulders while he hung 'em. :highfive:
or maybe owner run short of budget so atleast installer finish the project!!

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
could also be the owner saying "i don't have money for all that conduit and junction boxes, just slap it on the side!

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks perfectly reasonable to me, the pig tail thing on its own must be the WiFi aerial and you don’t want to hide or box that away.
The only thing missing from that pig tail is the pig that wired it. :)

Apart from the junction box issue and the protective trunking for the cabling, for the love of god, hasn't this guy ever heard of cable clips?

I take it you weren't tempted to unplug the cameras then?