Would a specific graphics card improve BI?

bigbadw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I looked through past posts and am thinking that adding a dedicated graphics card could improve the performance of BI on my intel security PC running Windows 10 Pro.
Currently, I have 12 cameras, (which increase by 2 when we travel for a period of time to cover internal house locations). CPU running at 54%. Memory of 5GB of available 8GB.

Three cameras are triggered together (Front gate, and two opposing views of the road to capture license plates coming and going). I get ghosting and frozen frames at different times.
(note: I have tuned both the cameras and BI per fenderman's posts concerning iFrame, fps, and BI video buffer size of 20)

Recently, I added to additional hard drives, to separate these three cameras Hard Drive traffic. (my intent is to remove bottlenecks).

I am not to the point where I'm thinking I could use the help of a dedicated Graphics card. Currently, I'm just using the motherboards intel graphics chip.

Anyone have a recommendation? Is there a graphics card that you can recommend that you know works well with BI to offload some of the work from the CPU? Any thoughts on removing the ghosting of some video?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I looked through past posts and am thinking that adding a dedicated graphics card could improve the performance of BI on my intel security PC running Windows 10 Pro.
Currently, I have 12 cameras, (which increase by 2 when we travel for a period of time to cover internal house locations). CPU running at 54%. Memory of 5GB of available 8GB.

Three cameras are triggered together (Front gate, and two opposing views of the road to capture license plates coming and going). I get ghosting and frozen frames at different times.
(note: I have tuned both the cameras and BI per fenderman's posts concerning iFrame, fps, and BI video buffer size of 20)

Recently, I added to additional hard drives, to separate these three cameras Hard Drive traffic. (my intent is to remove bottlenecks).

I am not to the point where I'm thinking I could use the help of a dedicated Graphics card. Currently, I'm just using the motherboards intel graphics chip.

Anyone have a recommendation? Is there a graphics card that you can recommend that you know works well with BI to offload some of the work from the CPU? Any thoughts on removing the ghosting of some video?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
You will not see a benefit...NVidia card is only helpful to decrease the load of the live view...its not worth the added cost to run and heat.

bigbadw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You will not see a benefit...NVidia card is only helpful to decrease the load of the live view...its not worth the added cost to run and heat.
Thanks again fenderman! You saved me money and a waste of time!