Wrightwood Surveillance still in business? Front door camera?

gnikoli

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been trying to contact support at Wrightwood Surveillance in California, but have been unable to get a reply to my emails or voicemails. Anyone know if they are still in business?

Hik DS-2CD2542FWD-IWS connects to NVR, but image is all white on display connected directly to NVR. Shows up in iVMS-4200 on LAN PC as disabled or not connected. This is first warranty replacement for original with malfunctioning cut filter.

If I can't get another warranty replacement, need new camera. Any recommendations for a similar front door camera?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
This is first warranty replacement for original with malfunctioning cut filter.
A stuck IR-cut filter would usually give either a very dark B&W image or a colour image with a purple tinge.
And can usually be confirmed with a gentle but sharp tap or 2 in the same plane as the lens.

Maybe worth resetting the camera to defaults to see if it changes anything on the image?

gnikoli

n3wb
Reaction score
A stuck IR-cut filter would usually give either a very dark B&W image or a colour image with a purple tinge.
And can usually be confirmed with a gentle but sharp tap or 2 in the same plane as the lens.

Maybe worth resetting the camera to defaults to see if it changes anything on the image?
Thanks for the reply. The stuck filter is what happened to the first camera and symptoms were as you described. Replacement camera has developed a different problem.

I did reset a couple of times. No change.

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've been trying to contact support at Wrightwood Surveillance in California, but have been unable to get a reply to my emails or voicemails. Anyone know if they are still in business?

Hik DS-2CD2542FWD-IWS connects to NVR, but image is all white on display connected directly to NVR. Shows up in iVMS-4200 on LAN PC as disabled or not connected. This is first warranty replacement for original with malfunctioning cut filter.

If I can't get another warranty replacement, need new camera. Any recommendations for a similar front door camera?
This brought back memories of Carl (Network Camera Critic) who passed away a few years ago.

I looked on their FB page and the last post was 2016.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gnikoli

n3wb
Reaction score
Carl's reviews were great! Last contact I had with Wrightwood was Oct 2018. Excellent support and pre-buy help. Sorry to see them go.