Wrong Username and Password and Camera can’t be found

RDB85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
But it a strange issue. But one of my Cameras is showing wrong username and password. I’ve not changed anything and left as default, but I don’t know the default password.

Another of my cameras cannot be found. When trying to addd or search for it.

Any help and advice please?

Thanks

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What brand and model of camera? BI or NVR, and if NVR, brand and model. IP scheme for the cameras? Are you accessing them remotely, i.e., with an app for the cameras or NVR?

RDB85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The Cameras are connected via Cat5e from the Camera to the NVR

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Typically Dahua cameras when new and plugged into a Dahua PoE NVR will assume the same login/pass as the NVR.

If you make a change to the NVR or camera password, they won’t be able to communicate.

You can use the edit (pencil icon) function to tell the NVR the cameras new password, OR if you don’t know that, open the camera while connected, press the default button for 30 seconds, and allow it to reset to the NVR login credentials by itself.

RDB85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Typically Dahua cameras when new and plugged into a Dahua PoE NVR will assume the same login/pass as the NVR.

If you make a change to the NVR or camera password, they won’t be able to communicate.

You can use the edit (pencil icon) function to tell the NVR the cameras new password, OR if you don’t know that, open the camera while connected, press the default button for 30 seconds, and allow it to reset to the NVR login credentials by itself.
Okay I will try and reset it using the default button. As I’ve not changed the Username and Password. Does it need to be locally powered to reset it?

Shall I do the same with the other one?

RDB85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ive always done it while connected to the NVR PoE port...

one more step, delete the camera from the bottom pane of the Registration page before doing the reset
Where is the Registration page??

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
On the NVR it’s the page that shows the cameras connected ….

Showing v3 and v4 interface
CameraRegPage1.jpg NVR4-CameraRegPage.jpg