WTB - 4MP Cube Cams with POE Support

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The cube cames with 2.8mm lense is not a terrible fov but i mean maybe because i am used to it already. I have the 2mp annke (hik clones) all over the house and they are fairly good and display a good amount i think.

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Because the cube cameras mentioned are prosumer cameras, not consumer level toys.
Well that doesn't explain why, i know the difference between the two and their applications/expectations. Does the narrower fov give better accuracy, quality, etc...?

Why doesn't a small poe prosumer camera with 130/140 fov exist?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In general a narrower field of view will provide better accuracy because the same MP is spread among a smaller field of view width, which in turn provides better accuracy and quality. That is why a 4MP with a 60 degree field of view will be more accurate than a 140 field of view for a respective distance.

The wide angles are greats overview cams, but most prosumer customers are more interested in IDENTIFY than wide angle OBSERVE cameras.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Should be able to find a bunch with Ethernet. If you want to power one of those by POE, can always use one of the little splitter boxes to break out the power/data and connect that way. About $10-$15-ish extra.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looney2ns... I know this is an indoor camera, but do you think this would work ok as a front door cam? It would be mounted inside corner wall of front porch that is out of direct weather...was thinking maybe installing it semi enclosed in a vinyl siding mounting block kinda like I saw someone on here do with the wedgecam...
Yeah, they might survive, as long as they don't go through a hurricane.