Wyze Pan & Tilt

rtfclb8

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone get this to work?

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I wish, but nope. It doesn’t have ONVIF support and Wyze said they have no plans to add it as of now. Maybe someone smart could figure out some kind of work around?

Last edited:

Vini

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You need the RTSP "beta" firmware, and it's capped at 10FPS, but yes, this works just fine, including PTZ control.

Wyze Cam RTSP

upload_2019-7-31_14-54-42.png

upload_2019-7-31_14-53-27.png

Last edited:

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Vini, that’s great! Does the PTZ control support preset positions in BI or is the motor control just arbitrary?

Last edited:

silencery

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I believe it's just motor control...
Wow. How did you get motor control to work? I tried the settings you used, but port 443 on the wyze cam isn't open, so it doesn't respond to those commands, even through curl or browser.

Are you using the official beta firmware or the custom DaFang hacks firmware?

Vini

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow. How did you get motor control to work? I tried the settings you used, but port 443 on the wyze cam isn't open, so it doesn't respond to those commands, even through curl or browser.

Are you using the official beta firmware or the custom DaFang hacks firmware?
I bought my Wyze on a whim a few months back (literally a few days after they released the Beta RTSP firmware), I plugged it in, had a play, and pretty much binned it off. Despite having a mesh wifi, I didn't want a camera running on Wifi...

When "playing", I ran the official BETA RTSP f/w for 24 hours, no issues. I then tried DaFang, and I found it would crash/hang frequently... I then put Wyze BETA RTSP back on it, and let it gather dust somewhere.

I've just hooked it back up today, and found that the PTZ controls do not work. So I guess they're a config left over from when I was playing with DaFang! Sorry if I got folks excited!

silencery

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ah, got it. Thanks for clarifying!

It's ok, PTZ isn't a big deal for my specific application, would just be a nice bonus. Either way, these are nice little devices for the price.

Vini

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ah, got it. Thanks for clarifying!

It's ok, PTZ isn't a big deal for my specific application, would just be a nice bonus. Either way, these are nice little devices for the price.
Thats partly why I bought it, thought it'd be a worthwhile gamble for just over £20! PTZ isn't useful to me either, but it was only a few quid more than the normal non-PTZ.